I'm a better geocacher than you!

Roman!

Although my original intent was to talk about new cachers placing caches but it sounded more like the bad containers thread and I accidentally hit post I will be judging Mr.Yuck.

I'll be in Toronto the next few days and am planning to grab a New York cache by Niagara and while looking for a place to leave some TBs I saw one of his caches and just can't resist.

Edited by Roman!

Although my original intent was to talk about new cachers placing caches but it sounded more like the bad containers thread and I accidentally hit post I will be judging Mr.Yuck.

I'll be in Toronto the next few days and am planning to grab a New York cache by Niagara and while looking for a place to leave some TBs I saw one of his caches and just can't resist.

So Mr. Yuck's...um...qualities will be the standard to which we shall aspire?

Can you think of anyone better whose cache I can find while I'm in Toronto or Niagara?

Can you think of anyone better whose cache I can find while I'm in Toronto or Niagara?

What? The very last thing I thought of was that this thread could possibly be is about me. :laughing: I have a Seaway Trail cache (part of a coin earning Geotrail) in Niagara Falls, NY. Is that it?

Dang, I'd better get out there and do a maintenance visit soon. I don't want Roman! dissing me. :P

What? The very last thing I thought of was that this thread could possibly be is about me. :laughing: I have a Seaway Trail cache (part of a coin earning Geotrail) in Niagara Falls, NY. Is that it?

Dang, I'd better get out there and do a maintenance visit soon. I don't want Roman! dissing me. :P

STGT:BNF02:Waterfowl Too

See, I'm a nice guy, I gave you lots of warning :D

I think you should set up a remote game camera near your cache so we can see the real Roman! in action. :ph34r:

...but how many of you have escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground, are still wanted by the government, and now survive as soldiers of fortune?

I can fire guns without hitting anything. Does that get me any credit?

So, I flew all the way from Vancouver to Toronto today, mind you my arms are kinda tired.

I'm getting closer Mr. Yuck.

d578b676-53ff-4837-8c9a-db8111ee8da0.jpg?rnd=0.4794079

I think you should set up a remote game camera near your cache so we can see the real Roman! in action. :ph34r:

Except this cache isn't very remote. It's along a wide open bike trail along the Niagara River, about 2 miles upstream of the Falls. If I set up a game camera, it would probably be muggled 1/2 an hour after I left it there. When is this find going to happen? There's no way I can meet the famous Roman! during the 9-5 work day, and early evening will be tough, although possible.

Very high traffic cache, part of an "earn a Geocoin" Geotrail. Not responsible for knuckleheads who don't re-hide well, or leave geo-junk in the container. I did clean up the missing TB inventory recently, so you can't fault me there. :lol:

Except this cache isn't very remote. It's along a wide open bike trail along the Niagara River, about 2 miles upstream of the Falls. If I set up a game camera, it would probably be muggled 1/2 an hour after I left it there. When is this find going to happen? There's no way I can meet the famous Roman! during the 9-5 work day, and early evening will be tough, although possible.

Very high traffic cache, part of an "earn a Geocoin" Geotrail. Not responsible for knuckleheads who don't re-hide well, or leave geo-junk in the container. I did clean up the missing TB inventory recently, so you can't fault me there. :lol:

I'll be leaving Toronto 7-7:30 pm tonight and going to Niagra park first so I'm thinking 10-11ish.

I'll be leaving Toronto 7-7:30 pm tonight and going to Niagra park first so I'm thinking 10-11ish.

Went to pick up my compact rental car and they offered my a brand new dodge charger for only $10 more so I should be there sooner, leaving 7ish, thinking 9ish as I think I'll go to the cache first. Should be posting my DNF about midnight Pacific time.

STGT:BNF02:Waterfowl Too

See, I'm a nice guy, I gave you lots of warning :D

Which will give him plenty of time to go to that cache, put up a game cam, then remove the cache. We'll be watching....

I thought "the real Roman! in action" happened right here in the forums....

I thought "the real Roman! in action" happened right here in the forums....

Nah, that's geodrunk Roman.

For the record I give Mr. yuck two thumbs up.

05f907c9-80cc-494a-8b97-240800b3e3ab.jpg

5fd94555-c5b7-4078-a6e3-96e05cdf9099.jpg

Ooh, ammo can, nicely done Mr Yuck. And, hey, how come I never get a rental car like that? :P

Nope, can't take credit for the ammo can. Part of the Seaway Trail Geotrail, and they supply the ammo cans for the 75 caches. They're one of those not for profit tourism type agencies.

Amazing ride, I love the look of the new Chargers. Wow, and he even gave me a favorite point. You are awesome, Roman! :D I see you did get the two U.S. based Niagara Falls Earthcaches as well.

Ooh, ammo can, nicely done Mr Yuck. And, hey, how come I never get a rental car like that? :P

Nope, can't take credit for the ammo can. Part of the Seaway Trail Geotrail, and they supply the ammo cans for the 75 caches. They're one of those not for profit tourism type agencies.

Amazing ride, I love the look of the new Chargers. Wow, and he even gave me a favorite point. You are awesome, Roman! :D I see you did get the two U.S. based Niagara Falls Earthcaches as well.

Yup, got those after your cache, we just landed in Vancouver, still taxiing to there terminal.

As for the favorite, it was a nice journey to a great spot, everything leading up to the find was awesome, a great cache for my first in NY and well worth the favorite.

Thank you.

32185efe-b2c1-4314-8379-b1e708eed1d7.jpg?rnd=0.4075063

Edited by Roman!

I made it to my own cache today, to claim my free [NAME REDACTED] .750" Diameter x .125" Thick with a .125" Diameter hole near the top, official Roman! signature item. I dropped my 13 yr. old kid, and his 13 yr. old cousin off at a movie theater about 2 miles from Ground Zero. I have a good idea of where my own cache is, but I don't remember exactly. I didn't bring a GPS, so I just fired up my {NAME REDACTED] unauthorized Russian Windows Phone Geocaching App. Here is my sweet ride at the parking area, i.e. Mrs. Yuck's 2013 Subaru Forester:

9172043660_018e41d08e.jpg

And here is my free [NAME REDACTED] Official Roman! Signature item with the cache. He left two of them, and the other one is gone.

9172043802_6c807b3714.jpg

I made it to my own cache today, to claim my free [NAME REDACTED] .750" Diameter x .125" Thick with a .125" Diameter hole near the top, official Roman! signature item. I dropped my 13 yr. old kid, and his 13 yr. old cousin off at a movie theater about 2 miles from Ground Zero. I have a good idea of where my own cache is, but I don't remember exactly. I didn't bring a GPS, so I just fired up my {NAME REDACTED] unauthorized Russian Windows Phone Geocaching App. Here is my sweet ride at the parking area, i.e. Mrs. Yuck's 2013 Subaru Forester:

9172043660_018e41d08e.jpg

And here is my free [NAME REDACTED] Official Roman! Signature item with the cache. He left two of them, and the other one is gone.

9172043802_6c807b3714.jpg

Looks like we might have to deduct points for double parking

Looks like we might have to deduct points for double parking

Agreed! What you don't see, is some knucklehead with a Monster car crushing truck was parked stupidly behind me (I pulled in front of him, it's like one way parking). I did not, however, notice if it had a gun rack in the window.