often double logs

der Micro

Hello,

I have 60 caches, and since last week some people write logs 4 times and more often.

This is not normal, there are too many that can not be a coincidence.

Examples:

GC4AM5K - 09/08/13 from tombdig

GC4AM7Q - 10/08/13 from korvenei

GC4809F - 10/08/13 from lukas7-com

GC4AM5F - 10/08/13 from kommune 66

It should not be a big deal to prevent double logs. They can show you if you have already logged the geocache and also the date, so why they don´t check/prevent it?

If the Cache is not logged "Found It" is allowed and if the Cache is already logged, don´t allow "Found it" (remove the selection).

If there is a server error, like in his case, there a milliseconds between the logs. So it should also be possible to get the log sequence and ignore the multiple log.

Edited by WantedDeadOrAlive

I have noticed something that may or may not be related but certainly fall under this topic.

Several times in the last several weeks that at times I have noticed when viewing the cache logs that the several of the oldest log entries are duplicated in the listing. I would give you the name of a cache where this occurred but it does not seem to be reproducible, on the one that I noticed it on today when I refreshed the page the duplicate entries disappeared. It seems that there is a problem or glitch in the server that is serving up the logs. It appears that it gets lost or does not recognize that it has reached the end of the list and just starts re-serving what it has already served.

Has anyone else noticed this?