Magellan explorist 310 send to gps fail

We have a Magellan explorist 310 which we are able to use the send to gps feature to add caches one at a time. We bought my parents the same gps but when we try to use the send to gps it just says download failed. Everything else works fine and we can drag gpx files to it from pocket quires and the caches load up fine, we have used the paperless logging and that works as well so it seems the only thing not working is the send to gps from geocaching.com. I'm thinking we are going to end up exchanging it for another since i believe it has to be the gps since we are using the same computer same geocaching account and same model gps and one works fine and the other doesn't. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue before. I will probably contact magellan support tomorrow since they are only open monday-fri and see what they say but i can't think of anything else. I've even compared the system files on their gps vs ours and everything matches up. It just seems weird since the usb connection is obiously working since we can drag files to it and the connection with the website works since we can load the field notes/logs off the gps to the geocaching.com account, although i'm sure coding wise this is a bit different than sending caches to the gps through the web site.

edit: let me also note that i know it is not a browser issue because 1. i'm using chrome and 2. it works fine with our same model unit.

Edited by EKDintheburg

If not a browser issue than it is most likely a firmware update issue (to the unit).

Even though the unit may be "new", remember that it has sat on the shelf for "who knows how long?".

This link: http://support.magellangps.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=367&pcid=24&nav=0,18,24 , shows that there are updates available for the 310.

Many are not aware that updates are put together sometimes before a unit is even available for purchase.

Good luck.

If not a browser issue than it is most likely a firmware update issue (to the unit).

Even though the unit may be "new", remember that it has sat on the shelf for "who knows how long?".

This link: http://support.magellangps.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=367&pcid=24&nav=0,18,24 , shows that there are updates available for the 310.

Many are not aware that updates are put together sometimes before a unit is even available for purchase.

Good luck.

Both the unit that is working and the unit that is not working are on the same firmware version 1.61 which is the latest i updated both since they did have a much older firmware on them.