How to remove a trackable

Draconian00

Hi All, about a year ago i grabbed a trackable geocoin and placed it into my cache to be moved on, quite soon after it was remover and never logged, no-one seems to know who collected it, i am having lots of posted telling me that the coin is gone.

Can anyone tell me how i can remove this coin from showing in my cache .... HELP PLEASE

Thanks

Draconian00

A note is auto-generated under the name of whomever "marks missing".

Username marked it as missing

This is an automated message.

This Trackable has been marked 'missing' by a cache owner or site administrator. Trackables are marked missing when it is determined that they are no longer located in the cache they are listed in or in the hands of the current holder. Review the most recent logs on this Trackable to learn more information about its current state.

Would be nice to add a note to the TB's page to say what you've done.

(Or does 'the system' do that automatically?)

As palmetto mentions, a log is automatically generated, but as I recall when I marked one of my own TBs as missing, I couldn't edit the Mark Missing log, so I had to add a note explaining why I was marking it missing.

One way or the other, the OP should definitely put the explanation in the TB's log. When I see one of those rare Mark Missing logs without any explanation, I always wonder if the CO actually checked the cache to make sure it really was missing.

So............if i am reading the answers correctly here,,,,...........I can mark as missing a TB that is showing as in one of my caches

This has been showing as in my cache for the past 2 years, but it isn't in it. So even though it isn't my TB I can mark it as missing? Or am I wrong?

So............if i am reading the answers correctly here,,,,...........I can mark as missing a TB that is showing as in one of my caches

This has been showing as in my cache for the past 2 years, but it isn't in it. So even though it isn't my TB I can mark it as missing? Or am I wrong?

If it's in your cache, as cache owner, yes you can mark a TB as missing!

Edited by Bear and Ragged

2.5. Mark Missing - Trackable on page but not there physically.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=152

Sometimes, a Trackable has been physically removed from a geocache, but the finder does not log it online. The Travel Bug or Geocoin icon on remains the geocache page, and geocachers can be frustrated when they arrive at the geocache to find it missing.

Don't despair if a Trackable goes missing. In many cases it has been moved to another geocache but the last person didn't know how to log it. The next geocacher who finds it will log the find.

If you are the owner of the Trackable, or the owner of the geocache where the Trackable is listed, you can mark the item as missing. This will remove it from the geocache inventory, and place the Trackable in an "unknown location." This will not effect the mileage of the Trackable. Later, if the Trackable is found, it can be grabbed and placed into the correct location. Mileage will be calculated from its previous location.

To do this, go to the Trackable's page, and choose from among the "Trackable Item Options." If you are the Trackable owner, it will say "Recalculate distance." Click on this menu and select "Mark bug missing". If you are the geocache owner, the menu will already be on the "Mark bug missing" option. Click "Go" and when the page refreshes, at the top it will ask "Are you sure you want to mark this Travel Bug missing?" Click "Yes" to complete the action.

When you mark a Trackable missing, a log to the Trackable's page will be auto-generated under your name, explaining the Mark Missing log.

If you are not the Trackable owner or geocache owner and notice that a Trackable is not in a geocache, you can use the Trackable's reference number to log a note to the Trackable listing telling the owner that the Trackable is not there. Or you can email the geocache owner or the Trackable owner and point them to this Knowledge Book page. As a courtesy, it is nice to email the Trackable owner first.

B.

Many thanks B&R, even after 4 years of caching I am still learning <_<

Thank you

2.5. Mark Missing - Trackable on page but not there physically.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=152

Sometimes, a Trackable has been physically removed from a geocache, but the finder does not log it online. The Travel Bug or Geocoin icon on remains the geocache page, and geocachers can be frustrated when they arrive at the geocache to find it missing.

Don't despair if a Trackable goes missing. In many cases it has been moved to another geocache but the last person didn't know how to log it. The next geocacher who finds it will log the find.

If you are the owner of the Trackable, or the owner of the geocache where the Trackable is listed, you can mark the item as missing. This will remove it from the geocache inventory, and place the Trackable in an "unknown location." This will not effect the mileage of the Trackable. Later, if the Trackable is found, it can be grabbed and placed into the correct location. Mileage will be calculated from its previous location.

To do this, go to the Trackable's page, and choose from among the "Trackable Item Options." If you are the Trackable owner, it will say "Recalculate distance." Click on this menu and select "Mark bug missing". If you are the geocache owner, the menu will already be on the "Mark bug missing" option. Click "Go" and when the page refreshes, at the top it will ask "Are you sure you want to mark this Travel Bug missing?" Click "Yes" to complete the action.

When you mark a Trackable missing, a log to the Trackable's page will be auto-generated under your name, explaining the Mark Missing log.

If you are not the Trackable owner or geocache owner and notice that a Trackable is not in a geocache, you can use the Trackable's reference number to log a note to the Trackable listing telling the owner that the Trackable is not there. Or you can email the geocache owner or the Trackable owner and point them to this Knowledge Book page. As a courtesy, it is nice to email the Trackable owner first.

B.