Caches Ranked by Percent Favorites?

ecanderson

Press the favorite button on the cache site (drop down arrow).

That only gives the number not the % like he asked for. I don't know where you would find that since you would need the total number of premium member finds and I have never seen that available.

Of course it is available by macro on GSAK by using Favorites to Premium Log but then everything you want is available there.

This DOES provide a percentage. 71% Favorites/Premium Logs from one of mine. Heck a couple of mine have 100% Favorites - of course, they both have 2 finds ;-)

I've never seen any place that ranked a bunch of caches against one another by percentage.

Straying a bit off-topic (but still related to Favorite points), there's a fun new GSAK macro called "Rising Stars". Here's the macro author's description:

"Favorite points are a good way to find better than average caches. As older caches can accumulate a lot of favorite points over time, they have an advantage over new, but equally good caches. This macro tries to show you the rising stars among the caches in your database by dividing the absolute number of favorite points by the number of months since the publish of a cache.

"It will show a report of favorite points per month in your browser."

--Larry

This DOES provide a percentage. 71% Favorites/Premium Logs from one of mine. Heck a couple of mine have 100% Favorites - of course, they both have 2 finds ;-)

I've never seen any place that ranked a bunch of caches against one another by percentage.

That provides it for that cache. He is looking for a list ranking

You can find the requested tool for ranking caches by percentage of favorite points here on Project-GC.com. This is a CPU-intensive calculation over a large number of caches, so it's a perfect task for an offiste application that's a Geocaching Live! API partner. When this has been requested as an on-site feature, Groundspeak has always pointed to the database hit as the reason for not developing the request.