GPSmap 64 - v2.90 Update

Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:

Added support for Android version of Garmin Connect Mobile app (for LiveTrack).

Improved 3-axis compass performance.

Fixed missing 'AA Battery Type' option when not using the optional rechargeable battery pack in Setup > System. This only affected the standard (yellow) GPSMAP 64 model.

Fixed issue with barometer when auto calibration is turned off.

Fixed missing ascent, descent, and elevation statistics when reviewing certain tracks.

Fixed possible shutdown when using custom waypoint symbols.

Fixed possible shutdown when displaying the option menu in Czech.

Garmin Connect Mobile app for Android (v2.2 just released) operating systems now includes compatibility for the GPSmap 64!

The compass issue that so many have commented about recently has been fixed in this new release.

The tracks that have been missing data when reviewed is corrected as well.

The custom waypoint symbols causing lockups and boot failures is fixed too!

The 64 is getting rather close to perfection. Live tracks on my android smartphone is going to be a curse though because now my wife is going to be able to track my every move in realtime!

Great update! Thanks Garmin!

Edited by yogazoo

The Garmin Connect for Android appears to be broken. I cannot initiate a "Live Track". I get a message that I cannot initiate invites. Anyone else get the Android Garmin Connect app to Live Track?

Works fine for me on a Samsung GS3. I can't get notifications to work, though. Is your "Connect" program on the phone up to date?

Garmin Connect Mobile app for Android (v2.2 just released) operating systems now includes compatibility for the GPSmap 64!

The compass issue that so many have commented about recently has been fixed in this new release.

The tracks that have been missing data when reviewed is corrected as well.

The custom waypoint symbols causing lockups and boot failures is fixed too!

The 64 is getting rather close to perfection. Live tracks on my android smartphone is going to be a curse though because now my wife is going to be able to track my every move in realtime!

Great update! Thanks Garmin!

Wow! Happy day! Between an Android update to 4.4.2 a couple days ago and this upgrade from Garmin, my 64s is connecting to my Samsung GS3. And there was an update to Garmin Connect just now in the Play store, too. Went out and tested Live Track and it worked great. Can't get notifications to work, though.