Suggestion: Please remove the Device List from Profiles

cerberus1

With the seems weekly threads started on this subject, it may solve some issues with folks wondering why their new whiz-bang supertech gizmo isn't at the top of (or at least in) the Device List on their Profiles.

Seems easier (and with a lot less hard feelings with those folks) to simply remove the Device List from the Profile page.

Unless there's a new operating system in the works most aren't aware of, the idea and the listing, whatever it's original intended purpose, is old and outdated.

Others said in the forums it's in the works, but other than a mention from a Mod in the GPS forum (Dec '13), I haven't found it as official wording.

- Thank you for your time.

It doesn't serve any useful function any way.

What are you talking about? How else am I supposed to let everyone else know I've got the latest and greatest smart phone and the most expensive and most awesome GPS? ph34r.gif

Where?

Only you can see that, as far as I know.

- Or I'm gonna have to put the Legend back up so others can reminisce. :)

What are you talking about? How else am I supposed to let everyone else know I've got the latest and greatest smart phone and the most expensive and most awesome GPS? ph34r.gif

I know there's a ninja in your post, but I wanted to point out that it's useless for doing that, too. There's no way for anyone else to see what's in the device list in your profile.

The only thing it does is increment the number of people who own the device in the respective GPS Review. Presumably that section would go away at the same time, because it's problematic to maintain for the same reasons as the profile device list (they're likely closely tied together in the software, if not dependent).

By posting a thread in here to ask why it isn't there?

If they get rid of it you can post a thread in here asking how to enter the fact you just bought the new iPhone 8GTX with added power.