Power Trail

GypsyMoth

So ignore one thousand individually. You're the one who wants to ignore them, so go for it. Yes. It will take time. That's your problem.

Reminds me, I need to ignore 650 more caches by one co. It'll take time. But if I want to ignore them, I will ignore them one at a time.

I would say the majority of geocachers want an attribute to filter out power trails (and an ignore-a-cache-owner feature). It's been requested ever since they opened up that flood gate. You and Roman are a vocal minority in this matter. I don't know anyone else in the forums (besides you and Roman), that wouldn't want the 2 features.

So ignore one thousand individually. You're the one who wants to ignore them, so go for it. Yes. It will take time. That's your problem.

Reminds me, I need to ignore 650 more caches by one co. It'll take time. But if I want to ignore them, I will ignore them one at a time.

I would say the majority of geocachers want an attribute to filter out power trails (and an ignore-a-cache-owner feature). It's been requested ever since they opened up that flood gate. You and Roman are a vocal minority in this matter. I don't know anyone else in the forums (besides you and Roman), that wouldn't want the 2 features.

Not sure which side the majority is on these days but that doesn't matter anyways. A power trail attribute would benefit both. Cachers who want to find pts could filter for the attribute. Cachers who don't want them in their queries could filter them out.

A win win situation if you ask me! I'm not sure why GS is hesitant to do offer this. :(

I'd really like to "Ignore User", and it's asked for more than a few times.

Bulk ignore caches (power trails, puzzles ending up at LPCs, etc.) would often belong to that one person anyway.

We can place caches on ignore, but it doesn't seem like Groundspeak's interested in ignoring people.

- Not sure what the difference is, as those COs that have caches you ignore sure don't know about it. :)

Well, since Keystone closed the Ignore all caches of one owner thread, I guess we have to continue the discussion here.

I think the ability to ignore (or search for) caches owned by one user would work after the fact. You'd have to identify the caches of the numbers run trail, figure out the account they were listed under, and then add that account to your ignore (or search) list.

A new attribute would be more useful. You could add the attribute to your ignore (or search) list, or you could add it to your notification filters, and newly listed caches would be included automatically. There would be no need to maintain a list of owners of local numbers run trails.

Is there a way to "bulk" ignore caches? The power trails clutter up my search and it takes foreeeeever to ignore one thousand individually. Thanks

One word - GSAK

Two words - FIND THEM

The OP asked how to ignore caches he/she doesn't want to find so that's not a very good solution.

The way I read it the OP was asking about a certain solution (ignoring caches) to his problem (cluttered searches). Since there isn't an easy way I offered up an alternate solution to his problem.