New icons on the map

Team I Ricci

Archived caches don't show up on the map. Disabled ones do.

Personally, I like the idea of my DNFs showing on my map, but the other ones I'm OK with the way they are. Darker works fine for me for disabled ones, and many NM logs are irrelevant (posted long ago, and the CO hasn't cleared them), so I'd rather see them on the cache page as they are now than have them show on the map.

Personally, I like the idea of my DNFs showing on my map, but the other ones I'm OK with the way they are. Darker works fine for me for disabled ones, and many NM logs are irrelevant (posted long ago, and the CO hasn't cleared them), so I'd rather see them on the cache page as they are now than have them show on the map.

Yeah I like that DNF show up on my map, but I would like to see them in a different way instead of their normal "never logged" icon. Maybe a Sad Smiley (as opposed to the Found it one), or even a smaller version near the original cache icon, to keep the cache type on show.

A sad smile? So a frown then?

And I disagree with putting too much info on the maps. These cache is there, and I have or have not found it yet.

All other info is available on the cache page. The maps do their jobs in showing us where caches are, and the cache pages do their jobs go of us all the info we need.

I wouldn't mind an indication that I had DNFed a cache, but not at the expense of the icon for the cache's type. They already use the shape to indicate PMO status, and and the background color to indicate the NM attribute being set. I'm not sure what else they could use to indicate the presence of a DNF log.

I really like the idea of a DNF icon on the View Map. I find myself looking at the caches again when I'm working with map view, because I don't remember I DNF'd it previously. This way in the View Map I could always sort to look at just my DNF's or remove them from the screen the same way I can with my founds. I could use the Ignore feature, but I really like to keep them on my map.

I wouldn't mind an indication that I had DNFed a cache, but not at the expense of the icon for the cache's type. They already use the shape to indicate PMO status, and and the background color to indicate the NM attribute being set. I'm not sure what else they could use to indicate the presence of a DNF log.

How about enhancing the icons with badges instead of replacing them?

4a5040a8-1326-49e7-a844-e012142f0884.png

Agree with showing DNF's as in my own experience there can be some time from logging DNF to returning to look for the cache again.

I would like a way to be able to view my own finds that have been archived, given that I have found new caches placed near to archived ones or in some cases in the same spot as an earlier find and it is interesting to see why the older cache was archived. Due partly to this reason (distracting from active caches) I can't see archived caches being displayed to just anyone, and in any event they are not searchable from the search facility.

As for caches with the NM attribute, it might be helpful if they were displayed to their owners with a different icon to the gold star. Even though as CO's we do get emailed about NM logs.