• Lanyard
  • Foreign coins
  • Mint condition state quarter
  • Jump rope
  • First aid kit
  • Carabiner
  • Play coins
  • Calculator
  • AA batteries (Note, not everyone considers this good swag)
  • Cat toy
  • Travel pet dish
  • Microfiber cloth
  • Tiny alien (vending machine toy)
  • Small plush toy
  • Bouncy ball
  • Zipper pull
  • Key fob
  • Toy cars
  • Children's ring
  • Suncatcher

Camping and fishing supplies are well-liked. And small toys for children. What would you like to find while out geocaching? Or what would delight children?

I like personalized items. These photo marbles are nice. The geocacher used photos that they took while geocaching to make glass marble signature items. Note that they leave a tag in the baggie with their trail name and description of the item. d1d1b744-2614-42ce-840f-f0aed434cc2e.jpg

If you google: geocaching signature items you'll get more ideas.

We used to carry a bag fulla stuff, but with me on longer walks, didn't wanta lug it.

Might put a couple ponchos, cheapie LED flashlights, mini umbrellas, simply something someone may need (bug wipes !) in the pack now for those.

Today, on many (most?) easier walks, lucky to find anything larger than a pill bottle, with many calling micros small, so often don't bother unless the cache page says it's large enough for swag.

We'll leave mini first aid kits, break you own geodes, real bug keychaines, balsa airplanes... whatever we can buy in bulk.

Not anything dangerous, obviously....no knives, ammunition, etc (although honestly I think that a pocket knife would be one of the coolest things one could find in a cache, but I digress)....nothing that has an odor either....this includes food, candy, candles, even stuff like hand sanitizer. Animals tend to tear caches up looking for goodies as their sense of smell is much keener than ours and everything in their world falls into one of three categories....Threat...Mate...Food :)

Other than that, use your imagination. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, and as long as you're trading fairly evenly it's all good