Invitation email - time out ?

janbso

I want to send an invitation til all the fellow geocachers that have been on a special cache.

I made my text and copied that. Then I went to the profile of each of them and pressed "Send email".

In the beginning (apron 8 times) went ok. Then I got a message to wait for some time to send more.

What is this?

There is no possibility to send group-message.

Any smart solution?

It is an anti-spam feature ideed. I'm not sure if it works but try sending a message through the Message Center isntead.
My understanding is that the Message Center has similar anti-spam features built into it.

Yup.

2.10. Message Center - Frequently Asked Questions

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=664

Why did I receive a "You're doing that too fast" error?

We've put a cap on sending messages too quickly or to too many players to prevent spamming.

It's important to us to protect our players from unwanted messaging. If you are blocked, wait at least 20 minutes and try again.

Send E-Mail to a User

http://www.geocaching.com/email/

How does this work?

We respect the privacy of our users. As a result, we allow you the ability to email other accounts through online forms without exposing your email address.

In order to reduce abuse, there are a limited number of emails you can send per session, and we may record the IP address from which your message was sent.

Commercial emails are not allowed through this tool.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol
Wouldn't spam be only if you are trying to sell something?
I've never thought of "selling something" as the defining characteristic of spam, although a lot of spam certainly is trying to sell something. To me, the defining characteristic of spam is that it is mindlessly blasted to a large audience.