DNF

hullnewfy

I was wondering would it be possible to mark our DNF's with a Blue Sad face on the map as well as the page.

When we find our caches and log them we get a yellow smilie face to indicate we have found it

However would it be possible to put a blue sad face for DNF's so when it shows up on the map we

can see we need to revisit.

I think it would give you a better idea which caches you need to revisit instead of it staying a green box.

I think this would be helpful so you can plan routes and walks to include old DNF's

Just an idea .. Its probably been approached before now but I have been on this forum before

Thank you and happy caching

I was wondering would it be possible to mark our DNF's with a Blue Sad face on the map as well as the page.

When we find our caches and log them we get a yellow smilie face to indicate we have found it

However would it be possible to put a blue sad face for DNF's so when it shows up on the map we

can see we need to revisit.

I think it would give you a better idea which caches you need to revisit instead of it staying a green box.

I think this would be helpful so you can plan routes and walks to include old DNF's

Just an idea .. Its probably been approached before now but I have been on this forum before

Thank you and happy caching

Here are just some of the previous discussions where such a feature was discussed:

DNF Shown on Map

Map Improvement

A few ideas

Frownie for DNFs

Showing DNFs on maps

New idea - Frownie face on the map

Feature Request (DNF's on Maps)

Did Not Finds

New icons on the map

Found / Not Found Smilies

blue not happy faces

last "DNF"

Did not find frowns

Sad Faces on the Map

DNF's on the Map

Misses not showing up

Feature request - sad DNF faces on map

Displaying "Frownies" as Well as "Smilies" in "MapIt"

Feature Request: Additional Bookmark Icon

DNF caches

New feature request(s)

downed caches

Blue frownies

Dnf X Marks On Maps?

Great list!

Add:

DNF Suggestion?

New map option

And here's a thread from TPTB where they actually acknowledge the request(s) while asking for more input (post 23 alludes to development process):

Map

Most interesting is this post in the oldest thread on that list:

It's a good ideea. I submitted the feature request to our tracking system.

Jeremy Irish

Geocaching HQ Staff

EDIT: grammar

Edited by frinklabs

again its some times the simple things that are over looked ........... I for one would like to see my blue faces on my map

I'm proud of my DNF's

and I tel the world through my profile

seems that , thing like the new logging format get supported , WHY , what was wrong with the old way

Great list!

Add:

DNF Suggestion?

New map option

And here's a thread from TPTB where they actually acknowledge the request(s) while asking for more input (post 23 alludes to development process):

Map

Most interesting is this post in the oldest thread on that list:

Jeremy Irish

Geocaching HQ Staff

EDIT: grammar

I'm proud of my DNF's and I tel the world through my profile

If you were using the "hack" that would add a box on your profile showing your number of DNFs, I think you'll find it isn't there anymore. I just looked and can't see one. They made changes to the public profile page a few months ago to increase security and prevent such things. If you still want to display your DNF count, you'll have to put it right in the body of your customized profile information. You can no longer display things outside of that area.

again its some times the simple things that are over looked ........... I for one would like to see my blue faces on my map

As has been pointed out in a number of the above discussions, this would need to be user-configurable. There are a number of people - myself included - that treat a cache we've DNFed as just another unfound cache, and we'd prefer to be able to see the cache type icon rather than have that information hidden by a blue frowny.

Jeremy Irish

Geocaching HQ Staff

I am wondering if we can get an update on how much progress this feature request has made through the tracking system?

Its OK to say no -- that way we know you are reading these threads and will stop bumping them.

Thanks!