Interaction of others

I started a topic with wanting to place a series of caches down at a clothing optional walk.Cache Placement

One of the requirements are that anyone wanting to do the walk must report to reception to sign the permit and upon their return report back to sign out. This is to firstly to obtain a permit to walk in the wilderness area and secondly to ensure that you have returned from the walk and that you have not gotten lost.

Then the topic got onto a debate as to the fact that it is ok for you to interact with National Parks as they typically run by the government, but not allowed to interact with a private commercial enterprises.

My thoughts are that whether it is government or private you still need to interact with both to get a permit and report back. It is not like you are being forced to buy something even though at some government wilderness area they sell you the map of a area. So therefore I do not see any difference . . . .

What are your thoughts?

Permits are quite common in my general area and have never been an obstacle to getting a Listing Published. Albeit, most of the agencies that require permits are public/government in nature, but I understand that there may be some regional differences in who handles the permitting aspects of the hike. Checking in/out seems like a reasonable precaution to make sure everyone has returned safely.

In the end, this is something that you will have to discuss with your Local Reviewer, who has more information of the area than most Forum regulars. I can only relate what is common in my area, and can't voice an opinion on what is SOP in your area.

...In the end, this is something that you will have to discuss with your Local Reviewer, who has more information of the area than most Forum regulars. I can only relate what is common in my area, and can't voice an opinion on what is SOP in your area.

Yep. :)