Downloading Geocaches to Garmin gps

I have windows 10. What browser can I use to download caches? I know I can't used Microsoft Edge. I was able to use Mozilla Firefox but now that doesn't work. I've tried Explorer and it keeps telling me to download the Garmin plugin which I have done a number of times. I am also told to make the site a trusted one which I have also done. Any ideas???

An update. To explain again, when I tried to download a cache to my Garmin using Mozzila Firefox it stated in the window Mozzila Firefox can not be used anymore (in so many words). Turns out the only problem was a pop-up blocker. Once I fixed that all works fine again.

An update. To explain again, when I tried to download a cache to my Garmin using Mozzila Firefox it stated in the window Mozzila Firefox can not be used anymore (in so many words). Turns out the only problem was a pop-up blocker. Once I fixed that all works fine again.

would you mind posting a list of working vs non working browsers you have tried?

I just download a .gpx file of a cache or a pocket query,

then copy it to the /Garmin/GPX directory of the GPSr.

When you eject and disconnect your GPSr, the GPSr will power down.

When you next power it up, the eTrex will process the new GPX file(s) and your are good to go.

No matter what method you use, do not exceed 5000 geocache waypoints, else some will be ignored.

You can delete GPX files in a similar manner.

Connect up, delete gpx files in the /Garmin/GPX directory, eject, disconnect, power-up,

and the eTrex will discard the waypoints contained in the gpx files that were deleted.

Edited by sir dumil

[...]

No matter what method you use, do not exceed 5000 geocache waypoints, else some will be ignored.

[...]

Please have another limit im mind as well: Garmin units only hold up to 2000 single gpx files. Archived tracks (in the folder Garmin/GPX/Archive) count as well. The tracks should be deleted from time to time.

Hans

Edit: corrected gpx file limi.

Edited by HHL

[...]

[...]

Please have another limit im mind as well: Garmin units only hold up to 200 single gpx files. Archived tracks (in the folder Garmin/GPX/Archive) count as well. The tracks should be deleted from time to time.

hans

No, I think that limit was extended to 2000 gpx files a while ago, and archived tracks do not count toward that limit. I remember when my Oregon 450t was only supposed to hold 200 gpx files and 2000 geocaches, and then one day (presumably after a firmware update), those limits were listed as 2000 gpx and 5000 caches. By then the damage was done and I had been using pocket queries.

from https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId=%7B0b02f820-03db-11e0-e050-000000000000%7D

eTrex 20/30 and 20x/30x

2,000 GPX files

2,000 waypoints

5,000 geocaches

200 routes, 250 points per route

200 saved tracks

2,000 archive tracks

10,000 points per track

100 custom map tiles

250 BirdsEye Imagery files

Approximately 3,000 mapping segments

Edited by mineral2

How can we download Geocaches to Garmin e-30x from site ?

For 'several' caches in the same area - Pocket Queries > http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=118

When generated, download, unzip, and copy paste the two .gpx files to the GPX folder in the GARMIN folder on the GPS.

Ok, is it the same with a Garmin Montana 680? And if so, when I expand the GPX file, I'm seeing a Current and a Nav sub file, do I just need to copy it to the GPX file itself, or do I need to copy it to one of the sub files?