geocaches active or not

UNCLEFRESHY

Are you using an app or the website? If an app, which one?

On the website map, disabled caches are in a light grey color. And if you click on the icon, the cache's name has a line through it. In a list, they've got blue text like active caches, but have the line through the cache name.

Archived caches don't show on the map, and in a list they have red titles with a line through them.

Hope this helps!

The OP replied to me via message:

the app is this geo cach one and this sites map hoope that helps,ive been to look 4 a few and used hints but not there maybe more experience required thanks

I don't know enough about the app to help. Perhaps someone else can. :)

It sounds like the OP is defining 'active' as 'is there'. I'm assuming that they are going out to search for caches, not finding them, and then thinking that the cache is not 'active'. In reality, the cache may certainly be active/enabled/present, but they simply did not find it.

To the OP - if a cache icon on the app/website map is not greyed out, then the cache is active and should be available for you to find. Of course, it's possible the cache is still missing. You can look at previous log entries to see if another cacher has found it recently. If the previous log entries are "Did Not Find" logs, then the cache may indeed by missing. Sometimes, it just takes a while of learning how caches are typically hidden. You'll probably do best if you start with caches that have a Difficulty Rating under 2.

Good luck!

It sounds like the OP is defining 'active' as 'is there'. I'm assuming that they are going out to search for caches, not finding them, and then thinking that the cache is not 'active'. In reality, the cache may certainly be active/enabled/present, but they simply did not find it.

To the OP - if a cache icon on the app/website map is not greyed out, then the cache is active and should be available for you to find. Of course, it's possible the cache is still missing. You can look at previous log entries to see if another cacher has found it recently. If the previous log entries are "Did Not Find" logs, then the cache may indeed by missing. Sometimes, it just takes a while of learning how caches are typically hidden. You'll probably do best if you start with caches that have a Difficulty Rating under 2.

Good luck!

post is Golden, Thank you!

Todd