GeoCaching in the UK

Guest Hobbyhorse

Guest JasonW

quote:
Originally posted by Moss Trooper:

Well I am Geocaching at the weekend.. heading for Scotland and the two up there if I can get to them.. well Second should be OK but First may be under restriction.

Those the 2 near St Andrews then Ian ? I was going to do them some time soon but work has intervened icon_frown.gif

Guest JasonW

quote:

Well I am Geocaching at the weekend.. heading for Scotland and the two up there if I can get to them.. well Second should be OK but First may be under restriction.

Those the 2 near St Andrews then Ian ? I was going to do them some time soon but work has intervened icon_frown.gif

Guest Ciemon Dunville

Nice stamp Moss T.

Pretty good idea actually, I wonder if Staples can produce a self inker along those lines???

There's still a lot of restrictions over here in East Anglia so no chance of placing any yet. It's got to the point where I'm looking at main road layby's to place one in, which is pretty sad.

Ciemon

Guest Moss Trooper

Think the technical term is Oh! Bugger!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Still managed to stamp both caches in St Andrews, cylinder head gasket stopped me gettin to First in Scotland.

Well was fun.

Ciemon, Place I got my stamp made do mail order, and they are on the net.

Moss

Guest Moss Trooper

Think the technical term is Oh! Bugger!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Still managed to stamp both caches in St Andrews, cylinder head gasket stopped me gettin to First in Scotland.

Well was fun.

Ciemon, Place I got my stamp made do mail order, and they are on the net.

Moss

Guest Moss Trooper

Hi Peeps..

Me again, will have the stamp sorted by tommorow, just needs a new rubber die. Now will this make the two cache logbooks in St Andrews a rarity in Geocaching terms. :))

Will be the only two with the wrong stamp after Thursday..

Jason.. I think we will have to get together to avoid duplicating caches. What do yer recon? And do you have any idea what has happened to City View in Edinburgh.???

Moss

Guest 300mag

WOW nice stamp Moss Trooper.Nice design and good idea.This could catch on icon_smile.gif

Have fun 300mag

Ps:I hope nessy doesn't catch your cache icon_biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by 300mag (edited 25 April 2001).]

Guest 300mag

WOW nice stamp Moss Trooper.Nice design and good idea.This could catch on icon_smile.gif

Have fun 300mag

Ps:I hope nessy doesn't catch your cache icon_biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by 300mag (edited 25 April 2001).]

Guest JasonW

quote:

Jason.. I think we will have to get together to avoid duplicating caches. What do yer recon? And do you have any idea what has happened to City View in Edinburgh.???

Ian - dead right - we need to avoid placing them at the same place, but as you're south of the river icon_smile.gif it's reasonably unlikely unless you come north to invade God's Country icon_wink.gif

(fx: gets passport out to head off to Angel's View)

Guest JasonW

quote:

Ian - dead right - we need to avoid placing them at the same place, but as you're south of the river icon_smile.gif it's reasonably unlikely unless you come north to invade God's Country icon_wink.gif

(fx: gets passport out to head off to Angel's View)

Guest JasonW

(returns from adventure and wild things)

Well I found your cache Moss - you sneaky man you icon_smile.gif fancy hiding it there where only someone insane would look

Failed to place my cache again due to continuing FMD restrictions, even though there's not a hooved animal within miles of it. One day it'll be placed......

Guest JasonW

(returns from adventure and wild things)

Well I found your cache Moss - you sneaky man you icon_smile.gif fancy hiding it there where only someone insane would look

Failed to place my cache again due to continuing FMD restrictions, even though there's not a hooved animal within miles of it. One day it'll be placed......

Guest Moss Trooper

Glad yer found it.. icon_smile.gif

Did you guess where it was or need the clue?

As for us placing caches, I have two planed for the Cheviots, and one for around Derwent how does this fit in with yours.

Moss

Guest Moss Trooper

Glad yer found it.. icon_smile.gif

Did you guess where it was or need the clue?

As for us placing caches, I have two planed for the Cheviots, and one for around Derwent how does this fit in with yours.

Moss

Guest JasonW

the clue - I left the printout of the cache page at home.... I got within 0.00 miles icon_smile.gif and looked around for hiding spots - then I zeroed in on the most obvious one.

When I replaced I added a wee bit more camouflage (sic) to mask it a little more.

quote:

I'm planning on placing in South Central and South West Northumberland - and possibly in Kielder somewhere - so not interrupting your plans at all.

Guest JasonW

the clue - I left the printout of the cache page at home.... I got within 0.00 miles icon_smile.gif and looked around for hiding spots - then I zeroed in on the most obvious one.

When I replaced I added a wee bit more camouflage (sic) to mask it a little more.

quote:

I'm planning on placing in South Central and South West Northumberland - and possibly in Kielder somewhere - so not interrupting your plans at all.