Garmin Legend Display Lines

(I don't have my Legend w/ me today :-(. So I can't answer firmware questions or send Garmin an email yet because they need serial #).

My Legend has been experiencing a problem with its display where there are many lines 'missing.' In other words every other line of black is not there. When I turn the unit off and then on most usually come back, but it is just not well. The batteries are new. Any ideas?

TIA,

Otterbuff

quote:
Originally posted by MrGigabyte:

Happens on my Legend quite frequently. I just give it a whack into the palm of my hand and it fixes it every time. I also suspect it is a battery contact issue.

Sounds more like a bad contact in the connector for the LCD display. If it's still under warranty I'd call Garmin and get an RMA to send it back for replacement. It could easily get worse at any time.

I was experiencing the same problem. Seemed unrelated to battery condition. Usually occurred when the unit was first turned on and went away after I cycled through the displays. Eventually the condition was occurring occasionally when the unit was on a while.

Finally, I contacted Garmin to see if the problem had been reported and might be associated with one of the firmware updates. I sent a picture of the condition. Garmin replied that it sounded like a hardware issue and sent me an RMA #. It took less then a week to repair (under warranty).

Haven't had the problem occur again (although it has only been a week since the repair).

I've had this same problem plus my click stick will just ignore me sometimes. It seems to be a common problem with the Garmins from what I've seen in the newsgroups.

I've found that squeezing my unit a bit will make the problems disapper.

I'd send it in for service but....:)

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

I've had this same problem plus my click stick will just ignore me sometimes. It seems to be a common problem with the Garmins from what I've seen in the newsgroups.

I've found that squeezing my unit a bit will make the problems disapper.

I'd send it in for service but....icon_smile.gif

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

I sent the unit into Garmin on Monday and it returned the following Monday. The tech I corresponded with via email was very responsive. Garmin even put a detailed repair explanation in the box they mailed the unit back to me in. Not only did the reseat one of the cables, they updated my system and added some strips in the battery compartment to keep the batteries well seated. They even put a temporary protective cover on the unit display (assume it was when the were working on it). The reason I mention that last part is because my entire experience with Garmin makes me feel that it is a classy operation. Oh yeah, the tech said this is their busy time (mid-summer) - and I still got it back in a week