Potential new toy

My husband saw the Feb 26 news release for the new Ricoh RDC i700G camera on digital photography review. It will have the ability to store the coords for the location of the camera whenever a picture is taken. Looks rather pricey, but I guess I need to start saving my pennies for his Christmas gift....that is, if it is ever released for sale in this country. Anyone know anything more about this? I wonder how accurate the gps will be. Still seems pretty cool!! icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

Alchemist2000

I think kodak made a digital camera that you could plug a garmin in (sorry, no magellan at the time I read it icon_frown.gif ) and it would store the location and time on the picture. Sorry I don't have a link for you.

Whats neat about the one you found is that you can use a fairly cheap CF card receiver (unless they make you buy certain ones due to driver issues) or you can pay more and get a better GPSr that may also allow an active antennae.

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

Originally posted by phantom4099:

I think kodak made a digital camera that you could plug a garmin in (sorry, no magellan at the time I read it icon_frown.gif ) and it would store the location and time on the picture. Sorry I don't have a link for you.

Wyatt W.

QUOTE]

I have some links on that

Kodak DC290 camera to GPS

and some related ones...

Combining Pics and GPS

and Robo photo

and a place to play with new toys icon_biggrin.gifGeoSnapper

More rules = Less fun!

ntga_button.gifgeocachingdb_button.gif

Thanks, Dougsbrat. Thanks for the link to GeoSnapper!! I had never heard of it before now.

I also noticed the link to mediamapper. Looks like it is more designed (or at least priced!) for professional applications. However, in just a few minutes of looking at some html examples, it appears to be very impressive. (pause as I wipe the drool off the monitor...oh, it looks nice!) Does anyone have personal experience with mediamapper? I was wondering what kind of learning curve there was to being able to use it well. I guess I will post on the GeoSnapper forum as well.

Thanks again. This looks very interesting!!

Alchemist2000

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

[This message was edited by alchemist2000 on February 28, 2003 at 04:41 AM.]