Signs you are addicted... (part II)

Guest arffer

Signs you are addicted to geocaching:

When you see a friend's cache logged twice that it might be missing, you hop in the car at 10PM, drive 40 miles, and hike deep into the state forest by just flashlight to make sure its okay.

PS: Cache was safe and sound! icon_smile.gif

Now I can relate to that! I did a similar thing to a stranger's cache just because I was the last one to find it. But I think we all agree that there are far worse addictions.

geosign.gif

Guest Iron Chef

quote:
Originally posted by arffer:

They just opened up a clinic near you for geocaching fanatics... and they named it after you. :~)

------------------

-Iron Chef

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

agefive.com/geocache/ ~ Fe-26

Lets Drive Fast and Eat Cheese!

• you boot-up your PC and Windows wallpaper is the Geocaching Logo
  • you start Internet Explorer and Geocaching.com opens as home page
  • cannot see the top of your computer desk for all the topos, street maps, cache printouts, scratch pad pages with nothing but coords on them

Why would you think I'm hooked on this?

------------------

Happy Caching, Olar

"if you come to a fork in the trail, then take it!"

You know the exact coordinates of EVERY landmark in and around your home. Not to mention how far it is if you were to walk from the bathroom to the back porch, to the bird bath, then over to the tree, then to the slide, to the driveway, to the mailbox.... And every combination of the above...

icon_smile.gif

Guest ClayJar

For no good reason, you find the coordinates of all 100+ schools in the district you work for, and in the process, you find five addresses which are incorrect and forward them to the webmaster. (Yes, I did this.)

You try to explain to the kids why daddy needs those happy meal toys... and why they CAN'T have your toys.

Or... explaining where all the 3qt tupperware containers have gone...

quote:

When one of your speeches at instructor training is on the GPS system 1/2 a year before Geochaching is even invented icon_smile.gif

------------------

Vince

0H/2F

Guest Choberiba

When you go away for the weekend on a "retreat" but end up missing both meals and activities because you're so close to finding another cache.

peeve: I sprained the hell out of my thumb while surfing the slopes of a **** cache the other day. It's still throbbing as I type this.

Oh, and I guess registering www.cachestash.com is another sign of being a tad addicted to this hobby.

Guest ClayJar

You drive 1400-miles round trip in a weekend to get a birthday present for your girlfriend, and as a cover story you tell her that you were geocaching and hiking (which you also were). She suspects nothing until over three weeks later when you give her the present.

Guest brokenwing

quote:
Originally posted by ClayJar:

You drive 1400-miles round trip in a weekend to get a birthday present for your girlfriend, and as a cover story you tell her that you were geocaching and hiking (which you also were). She suspects nothing until over three weeks later when you give her the present.

You have a girlfriend? I thought you were married to Marigold... icon_wink.gif

------------------

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching

[This message has been edited by brokenwing (edited 22 October 2001).]

Guest ClayJar

quote:
Originally posted by brokenwing:

You have a girlfriend? I thought you were married to Marigold... icon_wink.gif

To be as precise as possible, I suppose I have an OoayuiaocalS (Other of as yet undefined, in any official capacity at least, Significance). MeriGold is more like a younger sister (but don't tell my cat).

Guest Prime Suspect

You request in your will that your headstone should read:

Congratulations, you've found my grave!

Intentionally or not!

What is this hidden container sitting here for?

What the heck is this thing doing here with my remains in it?

It is part of a worldwide game dedicated to ...

O.K. since this thread just took a grave turn...

You know your addicted when:

After your funeral you have travel bugs attached to containers of your ashes so you can continue to play the game...even in your afterlife. eek.gif

Guest TresOkies

e="Verdana, Arial">quote:

Originally posted by Prime Suspect:

You request in your will that your headstone should read:

Congratulations, you've found my grave!

Intentionally or not!

Bwahahaha. Throw in the towel.

My father purchased 8 cemetery plots before he passed away a few years ago. One of them is presumably mine. Hopefully I have a long time before I need it, so maybe I should plant a cache there. ("Plant me here N35 34.802 W98 34.641"). icon_smile.gif

A post a few months ago got me thinking about having a special container made from granite and burrowed out to hold a cache for a long, long time.

Hmmm. (sound of wheels turning)

-E

------------------

--

35°32.981 98°34.631

Guest ClayJar

You take a hex editor to the map file before you copy it to your Meridian's SD card... now the copyright notice says

quote:
ClayJar

GPS@clayjar.com

xxx-xxxx

(with a real phone number).