Geoquiltprojects and one for you

Hey! The first geoquilt was a wonderful project all the way around! I really enjoyed every minute of it!

So now after a bit of a lapse, I am working on a few more projects.

Canadian Geoquilt. This project is up and running. It is posted under the regional section...I handed off the squares while in Ottawa this weekend. That was a great time!

Event Quilt....I will be going to my first event cache on June first (at the Rochester and Syracuse, NY area get together). I will have with me a completed quilt that can be signed there and given out.....I just need to quilt that one.....sunshine and shadows pattern.....The cachers get to sign in the Sunshine.

Tolkien/Token quilt....ok I just couldn't help it the play on words is too cool.....

For the past several months I have have been reading the Tolkien books. Then decided that it would be great to do a quilt along with this.....So to correspond with each of the 4 books that go with the series (The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings) I have made 4 blocks that come together.........One block is now in the Fellowship of the Ring Cache in Erie PA......

Another block will go in our Hobbit cache...to be posted on May 7th...butterfly girls 11th birthday (I like how her bday related to Bilbo celebrating his 11ty first birthday at the start of the Lord of the Rings).

Then 2 more blocks will go in the caches that correspond to the books The Twin Towers and the Return of the King...to be posted in PA when the movies are released......

The Token part is .... for each cacher that signs all 4 blocks....I will send their own signature quilt......100 squares sewn into a little quilt(it should measure somewhere around 36" to 40" and be suitable to hang on a wall or lay on a small table) and ready for you collect signatures while on your own adventures.....There will be a virtual cache that corresponds to this.

I've already started cutting little squares and gathering extra material....

So what do you think?

DxChallenged

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

I'll have the Tolkien Quilt Cache submitted by tomorrow and will post the link to it here.

The Fellowship of the Ring cache is out right now. DX's hobbit cache will be out shortly as she mentioned and the others will be out early 2003 and early 2004. Then the Tolkien Quilt cache will be active for one year after the placement of the last one.

[This message was edited by mikechim on April 30, 2002 at 04:12 AM.]

Hey! So THE HOBBIT BAG - END CACHE is official. Just finished.....with the help from another cacher/tolkien fan.....adding music and a picture of bag end colored by Butterfly girl. I posted this cache on her 11th birthday......

I'm pleased with this cache! It is placed in an area with an interesting geologic formation....I believe that it is called a terminal morain...it's where a glacier stopped..there are 3 types of rocks in that site because of the formation, beautiful wild trilliums, tree formations that look like dragons (beware of Smaug) and the best prizes that we have placed to date. You'de have to read the riddles on each bag to know the contents...but there is a small bag of silver, some nice stones such as amber and items that go along with the Tolkien book...The Hobbit.....

One of the 4 Tolkien quilt blocks (as mentioned in the Tolkine quilt Cache) is contained in the cache......so to date there are 2 of the 4 caches out there that you would need to complete to receive the mini signature quilt......So how many cachers do you think would choose to finish all? A handful?

icon_confused.gif

Or perhaps I should get sewing now!

DxChallenged

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

[This message was edited by DxChallenged on May 08, 2002 at 12:08 AM.]

Hey! So THE HOBBIT BAG - END CACHE is official. Just finished.....with the help from another cacher/tolkien fan.....adding music and a picture of bag end colored by Butterfly girl. I posted this cache on her 11th birthday......

I'm pleased with this cache! It is placed in an area with an interesting geologic formation....I believe that it is called a terminal morain...it's where a glacier stopped..there are 3 types of rocks in that site because of the formation, beautiful wild trilliums, tree formations that look like dragons (beware of Smaug) and the best prizes that we have placed to date. You'de have to read the riddles on each bag to know the contents...but there is a small bag of silver, some nice stones such as amber and items that go along with the Tolkien book...The Hobbit.....

One of the 4 Tolkien quilt blocks (as mentioned in the Tolkine quilt Cache) is contained in the cache......so to date there are 2 of the 4 caches out there that you would need to complete to receive the mini signature quilt......So how many cachers do you think would choose to finish all? A handful?

icon_confused.gif

Or perhaps I should get sewing now!

DxChallenged

[This message was edited by DxChallenged on May 08, 2002 at 12:08 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by DxChallenged:

Event Quilt....I will be going to my first event cache on June first (at the Rochester and Syracuse, NY area get together). I will have with me a completed quilt that can be signed there and given out.....I just need to quilt that one.....sunshine and shadows pattern.....The cachers get to sign in the Sunshine.

How about I send you some blocks from the OK Geocachers Spring Fling in June and send them to you? Others could send you blocks from other event caches. Just a thought if you feel a need to keep busy... icon_smile.gif

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

quote:
Originally posted by DxChallenged:

How about I send you some blocks from the OK Geocachers Spring Fling in June and send them to you? Others could send you blocks from other event caches. Just a thought if you feel a need to keep busy... icon_smile.gif

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631