Status of Geocaching quilt...let me know

Guest HIltonfamily

Guest HIltonfamily

Hey! The quilting bee/cache post has gotten so long and takes me a bit to load.....so I thought that I would start a new thread. If you haven't read about this before just click on the related/earlier post...for more info and pictures.

To date I have received back over 160 blocks. Some have come back unsigned as geocaching in that area has dropped off. It has here as well....What with snow comming and the bustel of the season.........

What I am wondering about is...

1. Does anyone out there want me to send individual blocks so that you can be a part of the project? My rule has been that only geocachers can sign. All blocks to date have been in a cache or a cache function. Does anyone object to having individual ones signed this way? I am just trying to get to the 400 signed blocks. So if there are no objects, people can send me their addresses who just want 1-2 blocks.

2. I would like all the blocks to be returned to me by the middle of January...Let's say the 15th. My target for sewing and completeing the quilt is by Valentines day. Work seems to speeding up for me and will stay at this level through June, so I will need a bit more time than the usual week to complete the quilt.

3. I have been asked about sending out blocks to people to want them in their own caches to keep. Please e-mail me if you are thinking about this. I have been cutting up all the scraps from completed quilts so that I will have more little triangles.

4. If this project turns out ok...the next one I do will be a bit different. Just got a book on using photos in the quilt. With a transfere you can still keep your photo and make a copy onto fabric for the quilt. Thought that pictures of all the great places that we discover while geocaching would be way cool............

5. Please e-mail me about the status of your blocks. I have some blocks returned but I'm a bit mixed up on who returned them....Not sure who I need to ask if they have been returned. The only out of country blocks to be returned are from Canada.......Also if the fabric pen is still in working order please return for use in further projects........

Thanks again for helping with this.....The blocks look so great!! I can't wait to sew them together........

DxChallenged

I still have mine here.....I've sent a few out to othere cachers to sign and have some in my local cache....but caching has died a little here due to xmas. Hopefully I will get some people signing them just after xmas.

------------------

It's out there...let's go get it!

Guest gstrong1

Hi Deb. Went back to my Greenway Trails cache yesterday & pulled the squares. All 12 are signed & will be on their way back to you tomorrow, 12/11. icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Gary "Gimpy" Strong

Rochester,NY

Guest gstrong1

Hi Deb. Went back to my Greenway Trails cache yesterday & pulled the squares. All 12 are signed & will be on their way back to you tomorrow, 12/11. icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Gary "Gimpy" Strong

Rochester,NY

Guest GeoForse

Hi, Deb...

According to the log on the "Sew Bee It" Cache, four of the ten placed squares have been signed. I have the other two which will be signed outside the cache. I will check the cache today to see if "lurkers" have signed any of the others. Regardless of how many are signed, I'll return all to you by mid January, unless otherwise instructed.

Guest anjlkat

I went to my cache and picked up the ones that have been signed so far...(5). Not everyone signed one, as I have had 9 or 10 people log finding the cache. If I don't get more signed in the next couple of weeks, i am going to place the remaining in a new cache, different place. If you want me to send the 5 on that I got, email me!

Kathy