The Cheers Gang / Party Thread

Snoogans

Hi,

I think Pat Patterson was onto something by posting the abject silliness thread, but no one, as yet, (1800 CST) has tried posting a comment from another thread which was its intended use.

I posted somewhere a few days ago that many of us have become friends on these forums and when old chums get together, things will inevitably get silly. The question of an off topic forum has been answered with a solid, "As for your comment there should be an off-topic forum, don't expect it to happen here."

Jeremy has made his position on all the humorous familiarity quit well known, so if he will allow this thread to continue, maybe there will be a place for us to just be friends, or have a heated discussion, or tell a joke, or what ever else would happen on the set of Cheers. All this without having to worry about being "ON TOPIC," all the darn time.

I got dibs on Norm, Planet wants to be Carla, and BrinSnat wants to be Woody. I think Canadazuuk makes a good Lilith, but Zuuky's takin a break.

Anyone else want to join the party?

Come on in. Sit down. Order a drink and be merry. You're among friends.

Norm

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

OK I believe shutting down the Pirate Thread was the best thing. The pirate shutdown his website, but this off topic stuff has to stop, you don't see AOL shutting down chatrooms because the chat is going off the topic. If they did AOL would be in big trouble. People will spend their money somewhere else. What geocaching needs is competition, then they will serve the customer better.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris&Cindy:

Ohhhh I almost forgot....NORM! Do we have to Yell NORM everytime Snoogans posts.?

When in doubt...hit it with a big hammer.

Just the first one of the day. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

Great another thread of no use.

Looking for you, how are "they" not serving the customer well now?

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

Caching without a clue....

No one has taken Frasier UMC. That's who you sound like today. icon_wink.gif

I didn't post this thread in the Benchmarking Forum ya know. icon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

Hi,

<snip>

Jeremy has made his position on all the humorous familiarity quit well known, so if he will allow this thread to continue, maybe there will be a place for us to just be friends, or have a heated discussion, or tell a joke, or what ever else would happen on the set of Cheers. All this without having to worry about being "ON TOPIC," all the darn time.

I got dibs on Norm, Planet wants to be Carla, and BrinSnat wants to be Woody. I think Canadazuuk makes a good Lilith, but Zuuky's takin a break.

Anyone else want to join the party?

Come on in. Sit down. Order a drink and be merry. You're among friends.

Norm

http://www.texasgeocaching.com Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

Well hey there, Nommy.....

You know, it's a little known fact that the first Geocacher was actually a postal worker, who was abducted by aliens. These aliens, you see, were looking for "earth beer," which is commonly thought to bestow such qualities as.......

icon_biggrin.gif

P

carpe cerevisi

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

Lefty,

Of course you know that now, when I read your posts, I will hear John Ratzenberger's annoying "Cliff Tones."

Hey Sax, There's a good name for a band...huh?

Larry Sax and the Cliff Tones....Lol

Can I be Coach?

COACH: (answering phone) Cheers. Yeah just a sec. Is there an Ernie Pantusso here?

SAM: That's you Coach.

COACH: Speaking.

stunod_sig.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

Eamus Catuli AC145895

quote:
I got dibs on Norm, Planet wants to be Carla, and BrinSnat wants to be Woody.

I wanted to be Woody, but apparently Jeremy has annoited me as Norm.

At least, I think he was referring to me icon_confused.gif

I nominate CarleenP to be Rebecca and Mark32 as Robin Colcord

The rest of the gang is still up for grabs.

"You can't make a man by standig a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on August 22, 2003 at 08:16 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

quote:
I got dibs on Norm, Planet wants to be Carla, and BrinSnat wants to be Woody.

I wanted to be Woody, but apparently Jeremy has annoited me Norm.

Yea, I took that one kinda personal. I feel similarly annointed although I don't feel like a forum old timer. Do a search timeline on "Norm" and you'll see why. I firmly believe in taking away an insult (if however obscurly implied, which was an admirably nice touch) and making it my own. It kinda loses power that way.

You can be Woody Brian. I'll be Norm.