The Antipode

I have a question; how do I calculate the antipode of my house, ie the EXACT location of the opposite side of the earth ?

I live at N59d 49.249 and W017d 41.346. My first thought was to change N for S and W for E, but hey, I´m not very good at geometry so I could easily be wrong. The thing is that it should be near New Zeeland (I live in Sweden), and I´m going to New Zeeland, so I thought that I would go visit my antipode !

Do anyone know how to help me ?

My email adress is skalleballe@pc.nu

/ Dave :rolleyes:

I have a question; how do I calculate the antipode of my house, ie the EXACT location of the opposite side of the earth ?

I live at N59d 49.249 and W017d 41.346. My first thought was to change N for S and W for E, but hey, I´m not very good at geometry so I could easily be wrong. The thing is that it should be near New Zeeland (I live in Sweden), and I´m going to New Zeeland, so I thought that I would go visit my antipode !

Do anyone know how to help me ?

My email adress is skalleballe@pc.nu

/ Dave :rolleyes:

Oh, man.....you've got me! That would be an interesting thing to know, I guess. Have you thought about drilling a hole through the earth and seeing where it comes out? Hmmm...on second thought, that may not be such a good idea.....deflating the earth and all......I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what people come up with. Maybe someday I'll get to visit my antipode, too! :lol: