Travel Bugs You've Found - Disappearing

lowracer

There was an issue with users who posted notes to bugs. They were getting the bugs listed under travel bugs they found.

If you do not have a "grabbed this bug" log or "took this bug from a cache" log it does not register as a find. In the past if you had any logs for a bug it would be listed as a find.

If you have a particular bug that should be listed as found but isn't, let me know the bug's name and I'll see if I'm missing something. Thanks for your help!

There was an issue with users who posted notes to bugs. They were getting the bugs listed under travel bugs they found.

If you do not have a "grabbed this bug" log or "took this bug from a cache" log it does not register as a find. In the past if you had any logs for a bug it would be listed as a find.

If you have a particular bug that should be listed as found but isn't, let me know the bug's name and I'll see if I'm missing something. Thanks for your help!

Speaking of the Travel Bug list. Wasn't there something in the works to show only a few bugs on the "My Cache Page". Is that still in the works? Just broke the 50 travel bugs mark and the list is getting a little much. I'd like to see it reduced like the log list is. Maybe make it a link instead. Actually, just placing it at the bottom of the page would do too.

Speaking of the Travel Bug list. Wasn't there something in the works to show only a few bugs on the "My Cache Page". Is that still in the works?

It's on the list. I have to complete the new pocket query section, and follow up with the benchmark section. After that I'll have all the new code for the "my cache page" - It will be tabbed, similar to the profile page.

Speaking of the Travel Bug list.  Wasn't there something in the works to show only a few bugs on the "My Cache Page".  Is that still in the works?

It's on the list. I have to complete the new pocket query section, and follow up with the benchmark section. After that I'll have all the new code for the "my cache page" - It will be tabbed, similar to the profile page.

Cool, thanks for the quick reply. It's not a real issue for me yet. I just remember it being mentioned before. I'm just glad I'm not one of those users with 100+ TB finds. I'm sure that could get quite cumbersome.

:lol: Ack! This is a big problem for people who used note writing to log finds on bugs that were only in their possession for a short period (like at an event cache). So now all my logs on those bugs are gone? I don't think I could even remember which bugs I had that have been deleted, let alone the tracking numbers for them in order to re-log them. :wub:

I don't see why this was a "problem" in the first place, or why it needed to be "fixed". You need the TB tracking number in order to log a note; obviously this means that the TB was in that persons possession long enough to get the tracking number.

Please reinstate the note=find functionality for TB's! Hopefully, my finds on the bugs that have been deleted will somehow miraculously come back too. :wub:

They didn't delete the note logs from TB pages. All they're talking about is what parameters define a "TB find" for purposes of creating the list of bugs you've found on your "My Cache" page. Your notes should be intact. But if you don't recall any bugs you logged only with a note, you may have a harder time looking them up to see what's happened with them since.

Speaking of the Travel Bug list.  Wasn't there something in the works to show only a few bugs on the "My Cache Page".  Is that still in the works?

Leave it! B)

Serves them right for taking all them travel bugs :huh:

MarcB

:D Ack! This is a big problem for people who used note writing to log finds on bugs that were only in their possession for a short period (like at an event cache). So now all my logs on those bugs are gone? I don't think I could even remember which bugs I had that have been deleted, let alone the tracking numbers for them in order to re-log them. :huh:

I don't see why this was a "problem" in the first place, or why it needed to be "fixed". You need the TB tracking number in order to log a note; obviously this means that the TB was in that persons possession long enough to get the tracking number.

Please reinstate the note=find functionality for TB's! Hopefully, my finds on the bugs that have been deleted will somehow miraculously come back too. :D

If you did not take the bug home from the event did you really retrieve it? Should it really be considered a find if you did not retrieve it? The idea of a TB is to travel from cache to cache, not from hand to hand. If I did not take a bug from one cache, event or otherwise, and drop it into another cache, I would never consider it a find.

I really liked the "Leave a Note" style of logging a find, solely because it was less steps, and didn't "bother" the bug's current location. Currently, if I were to go to do a grab and drop on a bug and someone happened to grab it since I had grabbed and dropped it, it would end up grabbing it out of their hands, and since I can't put it back into their hands, they'd have to grab it back from me.

I think the perfect solution to this is: If you leave a note AND include the tracking number, it is counted as a find. If you leave a note and you DON'T include the tracking number, it isn't counted as a find.

P.S. It would be nice if they would retroactively tag all notes that were made prior to the latest change to be finds again. (This assumes that the above solution is implemented.)

Edited by Marky