Love And Geocaching? Can It Happen?

Team PEZ

Oh noooo, here comes another sickening post from Mopar and Geo Ho about a girl with a paddle and no canoe and a guy with a canoe and no paddle

I thought that was a Brand New Pair of Roller Skates and him with a Brand New Key, and... well, never mind.

So far my limited experience seems to say that the GeoCaching demographic skews towards the retired and the wish-they-were retired male. This dismays my friends, who wish I would connect with some female and bore her with my long rambling stories so that they would be spared hearing them. They keep saying "find yourself a woman!" - as if there were an aisle somewhere, perhaps at Target, where they were stacked like cordwood just waiting for me to come by with a cart.

<sigh/>

...They keep saying "find yourself a woman!" - as if there were an aisle somewhere, perhaps at Target, where they were stacked like cordwood just waiting for me to come by with a cart. 

momma PEZ says the very same thing. like its that easy.

*sigh*

-TP

:ph34r: Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor! I made a similar post several weeks ago! I, too, wondered the same thing! I think since I've become addicted to geocaching, I now must add this to my list of 'must-haves' in a man...which some people may not completely understand!

BUT...here's what's REALLY SCAAARRRR-YY...imagine...a cacher in GA...32 years old...and wondering if he can find love in this addictive hobby. Then, there's a female cacher...in the Midwest...BUT WANTING to move to GA/FL...33 years old...wondering if she can find love in this addictive hobby! Hmmmmmmm..... :ph34r:

After some interesting moments, my wife has fully come around with respect to Geocaching. There were times when she got irked if I went out on a marathon caching day and showed up back at the house at 9:30PM when I left at 6am. Now, she's to the point where she eyes cache containers while out shopping and brings them home for me. :ph34r:

If we all happen to be off together (the 4 of us), she's the first to suggest we all go caching together as a family. She also gives me that one day/week to myself solely for caching, just to unwind from my daily grind of work. The serenity and calm of being in the middle of the desert with only the environment around is so refreshing.

If I want to go caching after work, and get home 3 or 4 hours later than normal, there are few arguments. I love her. :ph34r:

They keep saying "find yourself a woman!" - as if there were an aisle somewhere, perhaps at Target, where they were stacked like cordwood just waiting for me to come by with a cart.

There isn't one of these? I found a boyfriend at the hardware store once in the paint aisle. I decided he didn't match my decor well though, so I didn't keep him around long. :)

Seriously, I suggest you go to some events. You might meet someone or make some new friends who will hook you up with an outdoorsy type woman.

Edited by carleenp
BUT...here's what's REALLY SCAAARRRR-YY...imagine...a cacher in GA...32 years old...and wondering if he can find love in this addictive hobby.  Then, there's a female cacher...in the Midwest...BUT WANTING to move to GA/FL...33 years old...wondering if she can find love in this addictive hobby!  Hmmmmmmm..... :)

Umm...PEZ...I think goldfishy is trying to drop a hint... :D

Edited by Stunod
So far my limited experience seems to say that the GeoCaching demographic skews towards the retired and the wish-they-were retired male.

Not in NJ! There are many younger people (25-35) who like geocaching as an excuse to hike and find it very useful in finding the many obscure beautiful wilderness areas in NJ. (Yes, there ARE many such places in NJ)

Many of these people are young families, but that only means when you find a single they're probably looking for a single just as much as you are!

I posted something similar on my website after learning about Mopar and Geo Ho a whiel back. I thought it would be a great idea for those that are singel and enjoy the outdoors. I was calling it "Outdoor Personals". I may work on something like that for my site. I might include where it's not just for dating but maybe to find a hiking or biking partner. Would anyone be interested in something like that?

I am posting the reply that I'm sure a lot of you have anxiously been anticipating with baited breath and barf-bags at the ready.

Here goes . . .

I innocently started this thread with no intention of meeting anyone, no desire to meet anyone, or any other purpose in mind. Sometimes stuff just happens.

And, yes, as Briansnat so eloquently pointed out . . . I wanted to attend a hydro event and I had no canoe and Mopar wanted to attend the same hydro event and he had no one to paddle with and there it was . . . serendipity. . . the stars . . . the moon . . . fireworks . . . wine . . . a tent . . . and the rest is history . . .

. . . five months later I couldn't be happier and I hope he'd say the same.

Here it is . . . the dreaded photo . . .

94a2151c-7954-45f5-a427-8b7cb218341a.jpg

Anyhoo . . . I wish you all the happiness and hope you get some good stuff :)

Happy caching and stuff! :D

Edited by Geo Ho
:o Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor!  I made a similar post several weeks ago!  I, too, wondered the same thing!  I think since I've become addicted to geocaching, I now must add this to my list of 'must-haves' in a man...which some people may not completely understand! 

BUT...here's what's REALLY SCAAARRRR-YY...imagine...a cacher in GA...32 years old...and wondering if he can find love in this addictive hobby.  Then, there's a female cacher...in the Midwest...BUT WANTING to move to GA/FL...33 years old...wondering if she can find love in this addictive hobby!  Hmmmmmmm..... :)

and i forgot to mention, im an avid wheresgeorger too! my wheresgeorge profile

Edited by Team PEZ
Interesting.

Well, I tried combining a geo-muggle love and geocaching.

But, I don't believe that worked. :o

*sigh*

I do know that happiness can be found on the trails! :)

I know of a Muggle/Cacher union that is working. :P I'll let him tell his own story though. I'm quite sure their offspring will overcome their handicap of being born half muggle. The FORCE is strong in this one.

Sn :):) gans

For a while I thought on-line dating would be much more fun if instead of a profile and "my favorite book... movie.... food" spiel, one just posted lat and long. No explanation. (maybe a clue in GC code). In the micro at those co-ords would be a slip of paper with the ad-writer's email address.

That would weed out the muggles! (and maybe the psycho compulsive liar personality disordered freaks?) :)

If you did "find" that special someone while geocaching, wouldn't you have to log your find???

<_<

"Bassmedic"

Yes, you do.

Lucky for me, my "special cache" actually encourages me to log multiple finds. :mad:

Edited by Mopar