Sportrak Rebate Question

Ths may be a stupid question. Im getting ready to send in my rebate form to get my $30 on my magellan sportrak map. it says to include the sales reciept, rebate form, and the UPC code from the package if applicable.

Does that mean i gotta cut the bar code off the box and mail it in? I dont want to do this cause i generally keep all boxes from high end purchases for future referance, or if i sell them in the future (they tend to sell better with all original contents).

thanks

aj

Yes cut the box and mail it. However, I learned this the hard way with these birds.....make a photo copy of it first! After I sent mine in they said they didn't receive it! And the Wizbang working for the rebate company said it didn't matter that I already sent it. I took a picture of the box showing the UPC removed and mailed it to the company from which I bought the GPSr, Magellan customer service and also to the super efficient rebate company. I did hear from the company that sold it and they said I should have made a photo copy of the label before I mailed it. Never heard a word from anyone else but eventually the rebate arrived many months later. Now I copy all UPC labels before sending in rebates.

aj...

Take cappd and embra's advice. Copy everything.

I had to pull teeth to get my rebate, read the thread...

Magellan Rebate Thread

After you send in the rebate info, keep an eye on "wheresmyrebate.com". If it comes up that it is denied, call them and find out why and then call Magellan (Thales). They admittedly have a problem with "rebate fulfillment" but dont seem to be in a hurry to fix it.

Good luck

kris