60cs "software Missing"

I dropped my CS while out looking for a cache, the bump caused it to power off. When I turned the unit back on it just beeps at me and says "Software Missing". The only way to power it back off is to pull a battery. I tried calling Garmin, but they don't answer the phones on weekends, and I can't find any information on thier site. I'm guessing that the firmware got it's self scrambled when it fell, does anyone know of a way to do a "factory reset", to restore the unit back to the way it was? I really would like a way to fix this without having to send it all the way back to Garmin.

WOOHOO! I just noticed that there is new firmware for the 60CS on garmin's site. In an act of desperation I tried doing the firmware update even though it didn't look like the GPS was working at all. It worked like a charm, although it seems that all my map and waypoint data was lost. At least I don't have a $400 paperweight anymore. :rolleyes:

Edited by BradleyUffner
I dropped my CS while out looking for a cache, the bump caused it to power off.  When I turned the unit back on it just beeps at me and says "Software Missing".  The only way to power it back off is to pull a battery.  I tried calling Garmin, but they don't answer the phones on weekends, and I can't find any information on thier site.  I'm guessing that the firmware got it's self scrambled when it fell, does anyone know of a way to do a "factory reset", to restore the unit back to the way it was?  I really would like a way to fix this without having to send it all the way back to Garmin.

I'd send it in anyway at sometime during warrenty. But wait a while so they will work out the bugs on them. i.e. battery springs,etc.

. Something must be wrong. You might have cracked a circuit board or something.

Edited by capt caper