Small Bug In Nearest Cache Page

Nylimb

Go to this page: Benchmark JT1978. Then click on the link to nearby geocaches. The third cache listed is Fugettaboutit; it's 2.1 miles away, but the direction to the cache is missing.

The same thing happens in reverse: If you click on the nearest benchmarks link from Fugettaboutit, the direction to JT1978 is not shown.

In case this turns out to be browser-dependent, I'm using Internet Explorer 5.0 on an iMac.

I get the same thing with Netscape 7.x on my Mac.

I also noticed that if you map the nearest caches and zoom out one notch to see the cache and then identify it, the distance and direction are both shown.

Edit: Showing platform

Edited by WeightMan
I get the same thing with Netscape 7.x on my Mac.

I also noticed that if you map the nearest caches and zoom out one notch to see the cache and then identify it, the distance and direction are both shown.

It depends on where you click on the map to identify the caches. If I click on the vertical part of the plus sign at the center of the map, the direction isn't shown. If I click one pixel to the left or right, it is shown.

Perhaps the bug occurs whenever a cache is exactly north or south of the search center.

(P.S.: Jeremy, I see that you posted the same conclusion while I was composing this message. Thanks.)

Edited by Nylimb