Suggestion For Website Store

Eswau

You mean on the actual license plate itself?

It depends on the state, but the ones I'm familiar with requires that x number of people agree that they want the design on a plate and are willing to pay for it. I don't see any problems with giving permission if that happened.

We do have a license plate frame, however.

Several states don't require a license plate up front (Arkansas being one of them). So around here several people have a fake novelty plate up front. A popular one here is RZRBCKS. I think this is what he was referring to, and not an actual state license plate.

--RuffRidr

We need two plates in Nebraska, so it wouldn't help here. What would be cool is a gecoaching sticker that could be labelled.

If it had the Groundspeak or the Gx logo with a white space below it, you could sell it with reflective stick on letters that a user could use to put their geocaching nickname on the sticker before adhering the thing to the car window.

Then, not only would you know it was a geocacher, but you would know who it was.

Edited by bigredmed

States/Provinces that require only a rear license plate:

Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virgin Islands, West Virginia, Alberta, Quebec, Manitoba (New plates are front/back in 1997), Northwest Territories, Prince Edward Island, Yukon Territory

Edited by Stunod

Looks like all of the questions have been answered, but yes I was refering to an non offical license plate. Here in NC where we can basically put anything on the front we want, most car dealers stick one of theirs on when you buy a car, other than that you see alot of sports teams, bars, etc.

E

Sweden requires two plates, but a lot of people are removing the up front plate. The reason? If you get stopped while driving your car (without the front plate) you will be fined about SEK 300 (about $40). But we have now a lot of automatic speed cameras, and they only take photo of the front of the car (and they identify the car by the front plate :o) and if they get you on photo while speeding - you will have to fine around SEK 1500-2500 ($200-$333), and if you drive more than 30 kilometer/hour too fast, you will loose your license at least 2 months.. So it is cheaper to take the fines for not having a front plate :D :D

I think the most countries in Europe requires two plates, so the market "over here" is not that big for this item.

I was also unaware some states required two plates. I knew they did "across the pond", and that would now explain why I would occasionally see out of state cars w/2 plates. I just thought theypeople i saw likedthe platesor something.

I would bbuy a GC platefor up front, cause all i have is a dealershipplate andall myGC stickersare on the back of the car anyways.