Bigger Pqs?

hedberg

Hey folks, since there is a number of fine programs for us, like GSAK, where we can import the PQs into and sort them, and then export it to mapping programs and to the GPS, I am wondering, would it be possible to get more than 500 caches/PQ?

For example do some of the newer GPS handle 1000 waypoints, and I think the most premium members who has PQs use a program to sort what they want to send to the GPS, so why a limit of just 500 per PQ?

I would like to have an option, to get for example ALL the caches within a state/country? For example do we have about 2400 caches in Sweden, but it is a big area, so with the limit of 750 km, it is impossible to cover all the caches in our country with 5 PQs per day.

There has been discussions about this matter, among users, if you could allow larger PQs?

I've written my own cache tracking and planning set of programs and have got the UK covered with 9 PQ's (with a fair amount of overlap) - I run 2 plus "Home" daily with the ones nearest to home on Fri/Sat so I know the local ones are the most uptodate ready for the weekend. To have these to come down as one would be great ..... Maybe limit of 1 "big" download daily and keep the 5 to smaller ones.

Sue

I've written my own cache tracking and planning set of programs and have got the UK covered with 9 PQ's (with a fair amount of overlap) - I run 2 plus "Home" daily with the ones nearest to home on Fri/Sat so I know the local ones are the most uptodate ready for the weekend. To have these to come down as one would be great ..... Maybe limit of 1 "big" download daily and keep the 5 to smaller ones.

Sue

Yeah, one large PQ everyday would be perfect.... I have heard about more persons trying to make their own software to achieve to get all the caches within their country/state everyday. I have also heard about ideas where people have thinked about team their PQs and have a server to process them into a new file. A file with all the PQs merged together.

You don't just want to have the 500 local caches, you want to know whats happening in your state/country...

This is something I've asked for in the past. Jeremy wasn't very receptive of the idea. Maybe if more members ask for this reasonable update to pocket queries, he may reconsider.

I live in a cache dense area and I reach the 500 limit before reaching out as far as I would like. Sure, I could do multiple P.Q.'s, but it would be much easier with one query and I wouldn't have to worry about overlap.

Sue

just ask for yoer country by date hidden nd that will get you all the caches these in probobly less PQ's

Lets see. Sweden has 2400 caches, UK has about the same. The maximum number of caches in a PQ is 500.

so if you search by country and dates hidden and have no origin then you should be able to get all caches within 5 PQ's just experiment with dates that get you as close as possible to 500 caches per search.

I did this for oregon, takes 6 PQ's not counting my finds.

You can get around this using a few other methods as well. As Ralann said you can make multiple PQ's that are broken up by date hidden. That should take a bit of playing around but luckily you can use the "Run"/Preview feature to see what's in the PQ.

You also could break them down into types. I'm sure traditional would be the largest group but you would still have to use the dates.

You also could find points in your country (or state) and use the coordinates to spread them around.

It is possible - you just have to work for it.

I've heard of at least one person downloading the entire GC.com database using the previous system - that allowed LESS PQ's and had no preview feature. It should be even easier now.

southdeltan