Contest - Find The Artist Of My Avatar.

When I joined geocaching.com almost a year and a half ago, I went out on the web looking for an Indian avatar. I found one I liked (look to your left), bookmarked the page and copied the image to use on this website. Several months went by and I decided to contact the artist of the Indian Warrior so I clicked on the bookmark for the webpage and guess what ... that's right the page is defunct. Since then I have spent hours cruising the WWW and google looking for the image and ultimately the artist who painted the image to no avail.

Now, I am hoping to tap the resources of this website. Geocachers who have better computer skills and/or searching skills than I do. I remember the original site was some kind of an art gallery located on the west coast. I do not remember anything else regarding the website. If someone can locate the artist of my avatar I will send you an uncirculated "official" Missouri geocoin (it's very nice). Any takers?

IS this all you know??

what was the BOOKMARK you did have for?

At least give us the address you did have.....

When you copied the name of the pic file ...did you change the name? Do you still have that name?

The bookmark was from an art gallery on the west coast. After the page went defunct, I deleted the bookmark (now I wish I hadn't). And as you can image, I renamed the Indian Warrior image when I saved it. However, I believe the image was originally named "Indian Warrior" or "warrior". Sorry for so little clues.

I am always up for this kind of a challenge. I have e-mailed a friend on mine that operates a native American Art Gallery, my cousin who is a Native American Artist, and another friend of mine that is a Cherokee Artist. I will let you know what, if anything, I can find out.

to my untrained eye, it looks like a Talmadge

edited to add the link

Edited by Cherokeecacher
Why don't you just change your avatar to a picture by an artist you know? Wouldn't that be easier?

Now give me my geocoin! :huh::D

No geocoin for you unless you come up with the artist. Perhaps, I could interest you in a matching bra to go with your garter belt ... :lol:

I am always up for this kind of a challenge. I have e-mailed a friend on mine that operates a native American Art Gallery, my cousin who is a Native American Artist, and another friend of mine that is a Cherokee Artist. I will let you know what, if anything, I can find out.

to my untrained eye, it looks like a Talmadge

edited to add the link

Possible ... in the research that I have done (mostly on google) I have encountered several artist that painted images closely resembling my avatar.

IS this all you know??

what was the BOOKMARK you did have for?

At least give us the address you did have.....

When you copied the name of the pic file ...did you change the name? Do you still have that name?

I found the avatar image was originally saved as 'msg21.jpg'. I believe that was the image name off the defunct website...

the artist is Enoch Kelley Haney. He's a Seminole artist. I dont know what you want the image for but it is not Cherokee. This is a Plains Indian.

This if from an e-mail from Talmadge Davis, the artist I linked to above. I sent him an e-mail with a copy of your Avatar. Hope this helps.

scroll down the page a freind of mine owns this shop in Oklahoma

Edited by Cherokeecacher