Terrorist Threat

Just saw on the news that increased chatter on the net implies that terrorists may try to due something on American soil this summer. I can't think of a better group of folks than our Geocaching family to provide some eyes and ears for the Homeland Security office. We are the ones traipsing in the boonies and looking all over for likely caches sites. We can smell these things! If you see anything suspicious you owe it to yourself, your family, and nation to report it to Homeland Security or the local FBI office.

Unfortunately, it's not the boonies that we need to worry about. It's a good idea to always be alert though, and recognize that we are the source of concern for many people as they don't understand what that metal box is that we just hid inside that hollow log. . . :tongue:

If you see anything suspicious you owe it to yourself, your family, and nation to report it to Homeland Security or the local FBI office.

Yes, we should all play supercop and let's turn everyone in to the authorities...whisper, whisper...

Am I the only one who sees a State of Paranoia here? This smacks of Stalinist times, when they encouraged Party members to report anyone who deviated from the norm...and just look at the Patriot Act, they can drag you from your house and hold you indefinitely without actually charging you with anything...can you say KGB?

Scary times, indeed...I fear what this government has done to the country. :tongue:

If you see anything suspicious you owe it to yourself, your family, and nation to report it to Homeland Security or the local FBI office.

Yes, we should all play supercop and let's turn everyone in to the authorities...whisper, whisper...

Am I the only one who sees a State of Paranoia here? This smacks of Stalinist times, when they encouraged Party members to report anyone who deviated from the norm...and just look at the Patriot Act, they can drag you from your house and hold you indefinitely without actually charging you with anything...can you say KGB?

Scary times, indeed...I fear what this government has done to the country. :tongue:

Looking in the mirror again? LOL

Yes, I've been quite certain for some time now that Al-Qaida has my Woodlands Wonderland cache in mind. Imagine the horror: a chemical bomb could wipe out as many as four raccoons, three woodpeckers, two armadillos and a rabid skunk. The devastation wouldn't become apparent, however, until many months had passed and the next group of intrepid Big Thicket adventurers passed through. But imagine the fear. OH, THE INHUMANITY!!!

Edited by Chance Encounter

You mean things like people sneaking in the woods and hiding containers for ammo and weaponry or maybe people carefully hiding things under park benches or taking photographs of buildings or large structures?

I can see the FBI knocking on CarleenP's door right now.

I'll pass on this one. I'd rather land in the home of the free than the home of the secure.

Edited by bons

Team 360--You can put your slant on this if you want but we lost 3,000 people just a few years ago due to this type of apathetic thinking. In fact, don't do anything but pat yourself on the back for not reporting suspicious activities. Others will cover your backside.

Team 360--You can put your slant on this if you want but we lost 3,000 people just a few years ago due to this type of apathetic thinking. In fact, don't do anything but pat yourself on the back for not reporting suspicious activities. Others will cover your backside.

Yeah, It's Team 360's fault. :tongue: I agree though, if I happen to see anything suspicious I would report it. Unfortunately I often look suspicious myself as I'm walking around in circles in the woods or around a light pole.

BTW: Team360, that avatar looks kind of familiar.

Team 360--You can put your slant on this if you want but we lost 3,000 people just a few years ago due to  this type of apathetic thinking. In fact, don't do anything but pat yourself on the back for not reporting suspicious activities. Others will cover your backside.

No. We lost 3000 people because some people some where decided to kill them for reasons I can only guess at.

Over 200 years ago 4,435 people gave their lives for freedoms that you and I currently enjoy and it seems like you're willing to discard in an effort to keep the life you value so much.

Since then hundreds of thousands of soldiers have joined them, fighting to preserve those freedoms and trying to insure that others have the chance to appreciate the freedoms we so often take for granted.

I am not a terrorist. I don't want to be treated like a terrorist. I'm not going to treat my fellow citizens as terrorists. And I certainly won't turn my fellow citizens in like a traitor going to the secret police.

Edited by bons

here, here, bons! any nation that is willing to give up its civil liberties isn't worth being defended.

homeland security? what's next? anschluss with canada? we need more lebensraum so we're taking over mexico? or am i the only one who's suspicious of the term "homeland security"?

huh.

hey, department of homeland security! when you come to abridge my civil rights, please find me at home. i don't want to be disturbed at work. i am not now, have never been a member of a terrorist organization. i am smart enough to be able to build a bomb, although i believe that violence is wrong and am not likely to do so.

go ahead, apes. try to make sense of that one. i'll be skulking about in the bushes looking suspicious. that's me over there with the length of PVC pipe.

ok, i'm done being a smarty-pants now. yessir, i'll be sure to watch everybody real careful and report everyone. i wouldn't want any unsubstantiated panic rumors gettng through unheeded.

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!