How To S**t Your Self Whilst Caching...

rutson

1) notice a new cache only 3.6 miles away and don't resist the urge to do it just because it's blowing a gale and pitch black.

2) go bag said cache.

3) realise that's there's been another cache the same distance away for a week or two and decide that "while you're out you might as well..."

4) punch destination into TomTom & drive to nearst road

5) Open Memory Map to check best route to cache

6) Forget Tomtom and checkpoint are still loaded

7) put on parking lights coz you're parking on a nasty bend and it's pitch black

8) lock car, turn on head torch, check hand torch is Ok

9) Start walking into pitch black field and realise it's really very spooky in said pitch black field with only a 3m cicle of light in front of you

10) C**p yourself when Checkpoint bellows out "Approaching a Geocache"!!!!!

I blame:

a) Alex (Slytherein) for setting "Dean gets Cobbled" in a spooky field

:) Tomlee for setting "cache with a view" when I had nowt better to do

c) Pengy (or was it Tigger) for sending me a seriously spooky echoy wav file. OK so it's not spooky in the nice safe in-car environment but......

Edited by rutson
9) Start walking into pitch black field and realise it's really very spooky in said pitch black field with only a 3m cicle of light in front of you

It's a spooky field, but the idea of the cache is the approach, but not the field.

Never mind, I'm glad to have added to your geocaching enjoyment. :):lol:

How to s**t yourself while caching:

-Get up at 5am to go caching.

-Avoid a head-on collision with a drunken driver on a blind bend by roughly three inches, having to swerve onto HIS side of the road to avoid HIS car.

Of course, being only two miles from home and severly shaken, I turned around and went back to bed. But not until I had had a large Jameson to calm the nerves.

And a quick change of pants of course. :)

Edited by klaus23

may not have been funny at the time but you, thankfully, got away with it. look on the bright side and have a laugh about it. it's that or worry about what might have happened. you might have been hit by a meteorite at the same time but you weren't. have a big jameson for me and join in the hope that the idiot other driver gets stopped and banned before hurting someone.

1) notice a new cache only 3.6 miles away and don't resist the urge to do it just because it's blowing a gale and pitch black.

2) go bag said cache.

3) realise that's there's been another cache the same distance away for a week or two and decide that "while you're out you might as well..."

4) punch destination into TomTom & drive to nearst road

5) Open Memory Map to check best route to cache

6) Forget Tomtom and checkpoint are still loaded

7) put on parking lights coz you're parking on a nasty bend and it's pitch black

8) lock car, turn on head torch, check hand torch is Ok

10) C**p yourself when Checkpoint bellows out "Approaching a Geocache"!!!!!

I blame:

a) Alex (Slytherein) for setting "Dean gets Cobbled" in a spooky field

:D Tomlee for setting "cache with a view" when I had nowt better to do

c) Pengy (or was it Tigger) for sending me a seriously spooky echoy wav file. OK so it's not spooky in the nice safe in-car environment but......

:D:D:D That realy sucks I'll keep this in mind the next time I think "I can make it with out going first"

(*raises glass to nobby nobbs*)

(*waves to the barmaid for another round*)

(*returns with large jamesons, pork scratchings, darts, change for the pool table and the barmaids telephone number*)

Carlsberg don't do pubs, but if...

Pork scratchings?

Why do I get the feeling I won't like the description?

Pork scratchings?

Why do I get the feeling I won't like the description?

Not sure why you would think that!

Pork Scratchings

Pork Scratchings are small fried pieces of pig skin, often hairy, and sometimes with chewy and frankly unpleasant fat on the underside. They are commonly found as foil-wrapped snacks in English bars, which is probably because they can only possibly be enjoyed in tandem with beer. The two contrasting flavours complement each other perfectly, and all other experiments (pork scratchings downed with a cup of tea in front of the television, pork scratchings provided as finger-buffet component, etc.) have proved unsuccessful.
Actually they sound more like pork cracklings ... only we'll usually shave the pig first.... less hair, more taste.

I can show you how to make English pork scratchings Little PIGGY! Come on, come to mummy, This shaver won't hurt you one bit! Come on!

To keep on topic, I can make a nice pye for you in a really spooky field and have a geocache meet there for anyone that wants to attend.

For anyone that doesn't visit the Off Topic Forum, you will not be aware I have trying to turn this nice little piggy into a nice crispy, succulent roast joint for some time now! (**Slurp! wiping dribble from chin!**)

Edited by Roving Rangies
Actually they sound more like pork cracklings ... only we'll usually shave the pig first.... less hair, more taste.

I can show you how to make English pork scratchings Little PIGGY! Come on, come to mummy, This shaver won't hurt you one bit! Come on!

To keep on topic, I can make a nice pye for you in a really spooky field and have a geocache meet there for anyone that wants to attend.

For anyone that doesn't visit the Off Topic Forum, you will not be aware I have trying to turn this nice little piggy into a nice crispy, succulent roast joint for some time now! (**Slurp! wiping dribble from chin!**)

I think I've discovered the scariest thing in all of geocaching.... a crazed Brit lady wih a pork fetish !

Time to scamper back across the pond.

I think I've discovered the scariest thing in all of geocaching.... a crazed Brit lady wih a pork fetish !

Time to scamper back across the pond.

Ooops! I stand corrected ...

The crazed, pork-loving Brit is the SECOND-most scary item in all of geocaching ... here's the first:

5d2fc172-a1e2-4c39-a8ab-6a84fd8cb765.jpg

The Brit lady at holiday.