Where's George Dollars.

1stimestar

The hit rate really just is that bad. I'm in Washington, so it might be different.

I've been a Where's George member for over 4 years now, and have entered 47 bills. I've gotten 4 bills with hits, and 3 of them took 3-4 months. One of them took 2 years. That was pretty cool!

The vast majority of bills I've entered are 1's, 5's and 10's, too. You'd think those would get circulated a lot. :P

As of today I have 49,103 bill's entered.

of those 12,783 have been hit.

(16,856 hits if you count bill's hit more then once)

Your success rate depends a great deal on how you mark them.

Unmarked bill's have a success rate around .005%

Handwritten bill's average 5% - 30% depending on how boldly you mark your bill's.

(penmanship counts)

I use 2 stamps, one on the right just above the series year and another round stamp around the seal on the left, my success rate is currently around 26%

If you need a stamp, Stamp connection is a great place to buy them from.

http://www.stamp-connection.com/dept/where...rge_stamps.html

Stop in at the western forum at WG and say hi, we have a great bunch of people who hang out there and we'll do all we can to get your success rate up.

Thanks. I didn't know about the game either but one day got a bill that said wheresgeorge.com on it and thought I would look it up and see. You would think there would be more people out there who would say"hey, what's that about?"

I write in boldish print using a gold marker or a bright orange if I am doing it at work (shhhh). Normally I write it along the bottom edge on the back as that seems to be the best blank space. I'll stop in the WG forum and check it out. Lol just what I need, ANOTHER forum...

It seems that the WG TPTB people are kind of down on Geocaching. At least that's how it looks to me.

If a WG bill is noted as having been in a cache, they flag it and stop some of the tracking features because it is no longer in "normal circulation".

It seems that the WG TPTB people are kind of down on Geocaching. At least that's how it looks to me.

If a WG bill is noted as having been in a cache, they flag it and stop some of the tracking features because it is no longer in "normal circulation".

That's my understanding as well. Too bad. Bills circulate in and out of geocaches all the time. The WG issue though, is that by having a tracking site, WG dollars become defacto Travel bugs. The problem isn't geocaching it's having a tracking site for dollars. They create their own issue by existing.

But what can you do? It's a real example of one of the paradoxes of science.

Greetings Where's George?/Geocache User.

The "Top 10 Geocache Bills" report has been permanently removed from this site.

Due to recent events, it has come to our attention that there is a conflict

between the rules of Where's George? and Geocaching.com.

Apparently, Geocaching.com allows (and even encourages) friends and family

to place and remove Travel Bugs from Geocaches and log each as a separate

event along the way for the Travel Bug. When a family is involved, this can

cause multiple events or logs of the Travel Bug in a very short period of time.

While this is fine for most Travel Bugs, it presents a serious problem for

Where's George? bills placed in Geocaches as Travel Bugs.

The general rules of this site (available here) specifically prohibit trading

or exchanging bills with friends, family or anyone known to the bill distributor.

This rule is to encourage "natural circulation" of the currency, and to prevent multiple

"fake hits" from happening on any bill. Afterall, the purpose of Where's George? is to

track the manner in which currency naturally circulates throughout the country and the

world. Allowing people to arbitrarily enter multiple hits to track that a bill was

traded among a circle of friends and family defeats the entire purpose of this site.

In reality, nobody really needs Where's George? to track that they traded some

bills with friends/family.

When it comes to Where's George? bills being used as Travel Bugs, this rule

conflicts with the Geocache site which allows such exchanging and logging of Travel Bugs.

Therefore, if you are going to use Where's George? bills as Travel Bugs or in any Geocache,

the rules posted below now apply.

In addition, it is apparent that the existence of the "Top 10 Geocache Bills" report

had created competition to get the top bill listed. As it is trivial to log entries

of a bill and make any bill the "Top #1 Bill", the existence of this report was causing

several bills to be hit repeatedly in violation of the general rules of the site.

This is not the purpose of this site, and the report has been removed to prevent the

site from being abused in this manner.

In the future, if this site continues to be abused for this or similar purposes, all Geocache

bills will be removed from this site. I do not want this to happen as there is great synergy

between the sites, so please follow the rules and keep this site "Geocache Friendly".

Thank you.

If you have any questions or comments concerning this policy, please see the Contact Us page.

Link