Teaching Geocaching

The Jester

On Oct 23, at our church's Men's Retreat, I'm going to be teaching some of the men about geocaching. But I need some extra GPSr's so they can try for themselves. Currently, I have three (2 of mine, one borrowed) and have about 10 men signed up so far. Is there anyone willing to loan me any units? Thanks.

This will be held in Wenatchee, while I live in Renton, so if you're willing we must get together some where to collect them. I'm willing to drive some, but not real far (we can negotiate distance).

Also, any recommondations for easy caches to do in the area would be welcomed.

Craig (The Jester)

We have a yellow etrex you can borrow as well.

I'll tell you what, we're currently getting Grave Robber reset for the Fall. I know you've found it already but if you are in the area and want to test out our new hide that'd be cool. If you catch us 'nearby' then we can get it to you then.

Edited by Wander Lost

Thanks everyone! I'm trying to catch up with the e-mails (I thought I'd gotten your's WM).

Date: Saturday Oct 23.

Place: Coast Wenatchee Center Hotel - 2nd & N Wenatchee Ave (within a few hundred feet of GCE645 Wearing the Green)

Looking at the list of caches in the area, it looks like there is a nice selection to choose from. My wife and I will be over there this Friday & Saturday to check some out (I love excuses to go cache in a 'new' area). Any recommendation (positive or negative) would be great!

"Wearin the Green" seems to be one of the tougher ones but with a group you might be okay on it. Be sure and check out "Watched by the Owl", I know it is a micro but the Owl does love watching and is not above giving hints (with my permission). They do have excellent sodas and milkshakes to, always worth the stop. Most of the caches in town are micros but there are a few regulars not to far out of town. Another fun Micro in the same area is "Sneaky, Sneaky". One other Mico I like because of its history and area is "Pearadise". I will email you a list of regular caches.

This 'event' went very well. We had six teams, of 2 or 3 men, scouring Wentachee for caches. One team found 10 caches that afternoon. One of their members wanted to keep the borrowed GPSr so he could try some downtown caches later the evening. Everyone had a fun time, and appreciated the chance to try this obsession of ours.

Thanks go out to the following for loaning their "babies" to me:

WeightMan, Nolenator, TeamIt'sAllGood, Wander Lost, Phil & Cathy, Dad&Boys, cwwilly, Dennis Mills (from Chelan), Bob Catherman (2 units), Don DeKoekkoek.

We had enought units that every man had one to try. Thanks, guys and gals!

I also want to thank Patudles for the very nice list of recommended caches. My wife and I went over the weekend before to 'preview' the caches (what a great excuse!), and we found 26. The day of the event I found another 6 - and there are still a lot over there I didn't have time for, or DNF'd.

Again, thanks everyone!