How Did The World Muggler Get Its Name?

aragorn05

Personally I'd like to know this guy's real name :mad:

The word muggle is attributed to the Harry Potter series

Mainly, people or persons who are unaware of an activity. Wizardry, geocaching, etc.

Additional thought. Caches can be muggled. Having your personal stuff taken from you in a public location is somewhat like getting mugged, isn't it?

Edited by Elf Danach
Personally I'd like to know this guy's real name  :mad:

The word muggle is attributed to the Harry Potter series

Mainly,  people or persons who are unaware of an activity. Wizardry, geocaching, etc.

Additional thought. Caches can be muggled. Having your personal stuff taken from you in a public location is somewhat like getting mugged, isn't it?

Be careful Elf, lest we bring flask down upon us ;)

OT Elf is correct

HAH! LONG HAVE I SLUMBERED, AWAITING THIS MOMENT.

the guy who cleans my room can't help it either. if i'm still at my desk he comes through and says he's just going to muggle my trash if i don't mind.

i made the mistake of mentioning to him that it is a term used in the world outside of harry potter only by those wthout two brain cells to rub together.

it ought to be patently obvious to all but the most thinking impaired that use of the word "muggle" in this context is fit only for those who have both posters of fuzzy kitties and multiple facial tattoos.

if you have ever been able to spell your own name correctly or dress yourself, it is not for you. if you insist on using it in this way i am afraid that i will have to charter a busload of right-thinking people to come over to your parents' house (i'm assuming that you are still under the age of twelve) and point and laugh at you.

I first saw the word muggle on a description of a cache near here, something like be aware of the muggles during daylight. I chuckled for I am not a muggle, in my opinion a muggle is a "normal" person that either dosent care or dosent understand what I do, but if they ask what I am doing I will do my best to draw them into the fold, if they show interest.

Before I close this message I know that the question "What is "normal" anyway, I am not absolutely sure, but I am not "normal", nuf said.

I told you, Elf :anicute:

(Plus, it has been a long time since I've seen her use CAPS :rolleyes: )

hmmm, it's late, I'm tired, it's close to Halloween, I just got a bunch of TB tags....

Flask+muggles+travelbugs+evil thoughts. oooh yeah. Something is bubbling up to the surface.

This might even make her user name into a geocaching verb.