Dog Scouts Of America

So I'm poking around the net looking for dog training sites and I come across www.dogscouts.com. Neat! I find the Dog Scout Handbook and I'm flipping through the pages, so to speak, and I find Merit Badges. Neat x2! I'm scrolling down the (extensive) list of badges that seems to rival the list of available merit badges that I remember from my own days in Scouts, and I find...

Letterboxing I, II, and III

and

Geocaching I, II, and III

WHOA!! Didn't see that one coming! So I start checking out the merit badge requirements for them and it becomes readily obvious that whoever put them together is an avid and no doubt ambitious cacher herself! For example, for Geocaching III, the Dog Scout has to have come along on at least 50 caches in three different states, with pictures to prove, has to participate in the placing of at least 10 caches listed with GC.com (at least 2 of the placements have to be themed or events), at least 5 TBs found, at least 3 TBs released, and at least one planned GC event held. All verified by checking GC.com. Not a bad list of proficiency requirements for cachers without dogs, too.

Anyway, just wanted to pass the website along for you to check out. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Edited by UndercoverNinja

Ok I know I am really really late on this but I just found this through the geocaching with dogs thread.

My Golden and I are members of Dog Scouts of America. We are currently going for the Geocaching badge! She already has the Community Service, Therapy Dog, Hiking, and Temperament Test badges.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask us! :blink:

ginscout1.jpg

(Ginger in her Dog Scouts bandana)

Edited by ChicagoCanineCrew