"my Caches" Photo Gallery

Stuey

Did you know that you can now see a picture gallery of all photos posted to your own cache pages? This is extremely useful to me, as I have just seen loads of photos that people have posted when they've visited my caches. When people post a log, the cache owner gets an alert, but more often than not, the photo follows later, maybe as much as several days later, so cache owners probably miss a lot of photos.

If you create a pocket query returning all your owned caches, then "preview" the query to the screen, then click "gallery" at the top of the list. Voila!

Using this method you can now easily see all the photos on all your cache pages together. I found it useful/interesting... I hope you do too.

(EDIT: this of course works with all PQ's, so you can create whatever query/gallery you like)

Edited by Stuey

been using this forum since last October and yesterday i found out how to change the clock time to UK time this is 2 discovery's in a week people will start and think im not as thick as i really am :D

I'm with Scaw on that... I've had 2 discoveries in about a month now, and I'm very pleased with the result of both!!

Thanks for pointing out that Gallery Stuey.... Love it!!

(or rather, I like lookin at Deego's collection of pics of my caches!)

A very nice feature Stuey, thanks for that one. For us it has been a somewhat terrifying experience as we viewed a catalogue of pictures showing one certain wee lad proudly wavng each and every one of our caches around for all to see in the wide open. Hopefully all areas were muggle free at the time (apart from the one where the log indicates that they were muggled att the scene).

Thanks again,

Martin

Edited by Team Maddie UK

a catalogue of pictures showing one certain wee lad proudly wavng each and every one of our caches around for all to see in the wide open. Thanks again,

Martin

i have a similar set of photos

One of mine has been muggled sadly its Lets battle commence. :rolleyes:

Its agood feature it works with any pocket querry i wish the logs you recieve by email would tell you about photos.

i wish the logs you recieve by email would tell you about photos.

Thats a lot of emails , in this post by Jeremy there is over 400gb of photos on the site and 1gb being added per day <_<

I would say thats over half a million photos stored. with 13,000 per day average being added

Edited by Deego

If this is aimed at us then I'd just like to ask you to credit us with some intelligence - of course we would not take a photo if there were people round as we'd not do anything to compromise a cache - ever. We're always very careful, as I'm sure any other finders are.

Any cacher can get muggled at a cache and it happens to everyone sometime - whether someone is taking a photo or just signing a logbook is immaterial. It's how you deal with it at the time that matters.

Just realised this was aimed at us as we were muggled by a rock climber who appeared from nowhere on your Ogo's Hole cache. I can confirm that we were not taking a photo at the time - we'd actually just retrieved the cache and were sitting down to write the log. At no time did he actually see where the cache was hidden. Just goes to illustrate that getting muggled has absolutely nothing to do with if anyone is taking a photograph and that it can happen to anyone (and probably does - I bet people just do not mention it).

I'll go back to encouraging my 7 year old in his outdoor pursuits now and carry on with his photographic diary of his exploits as he really loves it. I'll also carry on being very careful when retrieving caches as I've been doing all along!

A very nice feature Stuey, thanks for that one. For us it has been a somewhat terrifying experience as we viewed a catalogue of pictures showing one certain wee lad proudly wavng each and every one of our caches around for all to see in the wide open. Hopefully all areas were muggle free at the time (apart from the one where the log indicates that they were muggled att the scene).

Thanks again,

Martin

Edited by The Bolas Heathens

That's a shame Mark as we enjoyed that one particularly. I can confirm there was not a soul around when we found the final cache on that one but it does look like the cache area has been used by children at some point so I'm guessing perhaps they stumbled upon it by accident?

One of mine has been muggled sadly its Lets battle commence. ^_^

That's a shame Mark as we enjoyed that one particularly. I can confirm there was not a soul around when we found the final cache on that one but it does look like the cache area has been used by children at some point so I'm guessing perhaps they stumbled upon it by accident?

One of mine has been muggled sadly its Lets battle commence. ^_^

Yup they signed the log book then tore out the pages. Joe Cooper and Matty Pope did the damage and it was two or three visits after yours. Thats life !.

Its going live again in a relaunch later this month new and improved loved seeing you in Pink !!! :)

My lads are fascinated by the pictures of The Bolas Heathens and cannot understand why their dad is so good at geocaching while I am so bad. As an avid and life long fan of the outdoors I would say let nothing stop the young 'un from plundering treasures and waving them about in the air - to the victor the spoils. He is the best young geocacher in the country I bet and if any endeavour or hobby can do without the likes of him I would be very surprised.

Edited by Wizard William and Team Morris

been using this forum since last October and yesterday i found out how to change the clock time to UK time this is 2 discovery's in a week people will start and think im not as thick as i really am :laughing:

How do you change the clock time to UK time, Scaw (or anyone)? - I can't work out how to do it! ^_^

How do you change the clock time to UK time, Scaw (or anyone)? - I can't work out how to do it! :laughing:

If you think we would tell you that you click on "My Controls", then click on "Board Settings" (in "Options" on the left hand side), where you can set the time zone, then you are grossly deluded, and must be under the impression we are in any way helpful.