Approvers?

ibycus

Just wondering if geocaching.com is currently looking for more people to act as reviewers for caches. I've noticed the time between listing and approval has gone up somewhat lately (although I have to admit I did recently have a cache that I activated and was approved within an hour, talk about your quick turn around :blink: Thanx mtn-man), so obviously you guys are over-worked. I'd be perfectly willing to help out with the process.

I believe the line starts here behind The Leprechauns:

I would hope they would say the same of me, a goodie two shoes who has his head so far up Jeremy's butt that I can see Mopar's feet.
:D:blink:

But seriously-get involved with your local group, become an advocate for geocaching in your area, and use the search function in the upper right hand corner for more info. This topic is discussed frequently. They'll call you when then want you. Hopefully by then you will have come to your senses and will run in the opposite direction. :D

I was going to give an actual link, but sept1c beat me to it.

Edited by wimseyguy

Actually, when visiting the queue of new caches today, I was stunned to see the number of unreviewed caches was at less than 100.... the lowest in months. With winter setting in for popular caching countries like the U.S., Canada, the U.K., etc., the volume of new cache submissions calms down a bit. Whew!

Thank you for what looks to be a sincere offer of assistance. For anyone interested in joining the volunteer group, my best advice is to keep hiding and finding caches as you have been, post helpful posts in the forums, and do what you can to help the geocaching community in your area -- especially working with land managers.

Volunteer cache reviewers (the PC term for "approvers") are added when needed, as demonstrated by a long-term trend of lots of new caches being hidden. We don't staff for the peaks or the valleys, but for the average. So, sometimes you'll see delays, like around holidays and after weekends with good weather. Other times you'll see the new caches listed within 24 hours.

I believe the line starts here behind The Leprechauns:
I would hope they would say the same of me, a goodie two shoes who has his head so far up Jeremy's butt that I can see Mopar's feet.
:D:blink:

But seriously-get involved with your local group, become an advocate for geocaching in your area, and use the search function in the upper right hand corner for more info. This topic is discussed frequently. They'll call you when then want you. Hopefully by then you will have come to your senses and will run in the opposite direction. :D

I was going to give an actual link, but sept1c beat me to it.

OK, OK I'm sorry I should have hit the search button, just so easy for it to get lost up there.

Actually I am relatively active in the local caching groups, and have recently been trying to figure out a way not to get us banned here in Alberta (feel like its just a matter of time before someone in the parks department decides what we're doing is littering, but that's another story for another more local thread). As far as I know, there is no one in the local group that reviews caches, and I don't even know if TPTB have any idea our local group exists.

Any hoo, I'll close this thread in an hour or two (want to leave it open a bit in case someone has something to add).

Thanx.