It's Not Really A Where's George Dollar If. . . .

YuccaPatrol

you just write www.wheresgeorge.com on a dollar bill using the cache pen and never actually log it into the site!

Jeez! I picked up one of these dollars in a cache, traded something nice for it, and brought it several hundred miles home to discover that the person who left it did not even bother to log it into the Where's George website.

I was the first person ever to enter this bill's serial number into the site.

I imagine that someone probably got to the cache, found something they wanted but did not have an suitable trade item so they faked it with this fake WG dollar.

Lame. :blink:

Maybe I will start leaving empty garbage bags in caches and claim that I CITO'd the cache site! :blink:

Edited by YuccaPatrol
I just spend 'em. Someone else can log 'em.

That's your right. However, spending a wheresgeorge bill is like throwing away a travel bug. Someone placing a bill in a cache is not intended to make you more wealthy.

:unsure:

And placing a WG$ in a cache defeats the purpose of the Wheres George site that wants to track the normal distribution of bills. In fact if they notice a bill is in a cache they take it out of there database.

I just spend 'em. Someone else can log 'em.

That's your right. However, spending a wheresgeorge bill is like throwing away a travel bug. Someone placing a bill in a cache is not intended to make you more wealthy.

:unsure:

And placing a WG$ in a cache defeats the purpose of the Wheres George site that wants to track the normal distribution of bills. In fact if they notice a bill is in a cache they take it out of there database.

That's not quite right. There is a special provision for geocaches. Please read this excerpt:

[#3 Usage of Bills in Geocaches

Only real, actual U.S. dollar bills can be used as Travel Bugs in Geocaches if they are to be logged on this site. Photocopies or other duplicates of bills will not be allowed and any instances of this will be deleted and blocked from entry. Once any bill has been found in a Geocache, it is marked as such on this site and is removed from the summarizations and other Top 10 reports found on this site. Once a bill is tagged as a "Geocache Bill", it will not be untagged as such, even if it is returned to normal circulation.]

While placing it in a cache is not "natural circulation", it is also not prohibited.

You can read it in it's entirety here:

http://www.wheresgeorge.com/wrapper.php?page=top10bills_dgc

:lol:

Edited by Mustcache
If it is like a TB, then how come it doesn't show up in my find list???? Maybe I should just hoard them.

It's not like a TB, which is trackable on GC.

It is more like a Traveler or GeoCoin, with it's own site for tracking.

Therefore, GC doesn't track it.

After all, it's just money. :unsure::blink::huh: SF1

It's your money, you own it.

:)