Minor Icon Notes/updates

ODragon

This is a two part Icon related question...

So I was looking around and I notice that the caching types page needs updating for the earthcaches (and maybe a note about Planet Ape since they're still out there and travel bugs/coins/etc... basically everything that shows up on ones 'stats' page.)

In addition, I'd like to see a page that shows and explains all the different kind of icons that show up in the log.

I know some:

icon_smile.gif Found

icon_sad.gif Did Not Find (DNF)

traffic_cone.gif Archived/Unarchived

icon_note.gif Note

icon_attended.gif Attended Event

icon_rsvp.gif Will Attend An Event

transfer.gif Picked Up Travel Bug From Someone

picked_up.gif Picked Up Travel Bug From Cache

dropped_off.gif Dropped Travel Bug In Cache

icon_remove.gif Needs To Be Archived

So it's yelled that I've posted too many images.... I will continue this until I have them all and please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd like to make sure I both have them all and am correct about it...

Edited by odragon

The red light icon is not "waiting to be archived," it means "the owner is temporarily disabling this cache." There is a huge difference. Responsible owners will disable their cache with an explanation of necessary maintenance, run out as soon as their schedule permits, fix the cache, and then re-enable the cache. (Yes, the green light icon is for the other new log type, enabling the cache.) Archiving the cache only becomes an issue if the owner disables the cache and then doesn't do anything about it.

big_smile.gif Reviewer Note

icon_sad.gif The real DNF frowny

Real DNF frowny? I got that off one of the pages and it was a DNF. Are there two DNF icons and how does one pick and choose which they get?

You can see below that all the DNFs are purple, not blue...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...d1-fede6454bbc7

Figured it out... All of these have the old found smiley on them so the old DNF frowny also...

icon_smile.gif Found

icon_smile.gif Found (old)

icon_sad.gif Did Not Find (DNF old)

icon_sad.gif Did Not Find (DNF)

Interestingly, I prefer the old smiley but the new frowny...

Edited by odragon
The red light icon is not "waiting to be archived," it means "the owner is temporarily disabling this cache." There is a huge difference. Responsible owners will disable their cache with an explanation of necessary maintenance, run out as soon as their schedule permits, fix the cache, and then re-enable the cache.

Thanks Lep, that's exactly why I asked. I was given that info from someone else...

1. You can see from your "My Cache Page", in the list of logs, that all your DNF's use the "Real DNF Frowny." I believe that one's right and that, in the future, it'll be seen on the cache pages too. You can't pick one or the other.

2. Note that the same traffic cone icon is used for "unarchive" as well as "archive."

I really thought the old found and don't found were just old ones that used to show up on the "My Cache Page" but I could be misremembering.

And thanks for the clarification on the traffic cone!

"Old" smiley?

This is the old smiley: icon_happy.gif

Newbies. Sheesh.

Jamie

Thanks for the help... How about instead of being insulting you explain what the differences are between the smileys I have above? Such as why am I finding two different ones for both Found and DNF?

...Real DNF frowny? I got that off one of the pages and it was a DNF. Are there two DNF icons and how does one pick and choose which they get?

Was the cache with the 'old frowny' archived prior to the 'new frowny' being added?

Since there hasn't been any activity on the page, perhaps the page hasn't been updated, thereby leaving the 'old frowny' in place.

I just checked one of my old, archived caches. It had the 'old frownies' also. I posted a note and they all turned into 'new frownies'.

Wow, that is both really cool and interesting how that works. Thank for the info I may have to try that.

Sort of wish they wouldn't change though... Might be sort of cool to see something really old that has two or three kinds of smileys/frownys, etc.

...Sort of wish they wouldn't change though... Might be sort of cool to see something really old that has two or three kinds of smileys/frownys, etc.

I feel the same way about forum avatars. It would be neat to pull up old threads to see the different avatars people have used. Strangely, mine has never changed.

Well then don't be so sensitive. He was just ribbing you.

You know this internet thing... Sometimes it's hard to tell ribbing from being and @-hole, especially w/o an emoticon...

Hi odragon.

For some of us who have been hanging around here for far too long, we know when someone is just teasin' a little. No emoticon needed. I, for one, know Jamie Z is one of the good guys. It's just like with (y)our local forum - just with more people.

Anyhoo, no harm done. Back to the regularly scheduled topic!

Edited by MissJenn