Website Pictures

watgrad

I'm having the trouble will all images. Actually I've noticed that the mapquest maps don't display on the cache home pages anymore either. (It doesn't matter which cache I view.)

Pictures I've posted won't show up, see:

Woodside Cache

by ElectroQTed

I've tried both INternet Explorer and Firefox.

Actually, after playing around by turning off my firewall (ZoneAlarm 5) the images reappear.  When I turn the firewall mack on - no images...

Anyone else experience this?  Is there an easy fix?

I had the same problem after installing eTrust EZ Armor about a week ago. I emailed their customer support, but they took a while to get back to me, so I ended up finding a solution myself: I dumped IE and Netscape and switched to Firefox a few days ago, and all the missing images and maps and icons reappeared.

After this, I did finally get a reply from eTrust. They said this:

"I infer from your mail that pictures are not showing on the web pages if firewall is enabled. With reference to your request, please turn off the �Ad-Blocking� and �cookie control� in the EZ firewall( it is on �privacy� option), restart the computer and verify the issue."

I didn't try it, though, since the problem had already been solved by switching browsers. Does ZoneAlarm 5 have some similar option you could try?

Hi,

Thanks, this was exactly the problem. The images are part of a java script that ZoneAlarm assumed was a banner ad. In ZoneAlarm, I had to allow the banner ads for the geocaching.com site. This fixed the problem. (The site pages load much faster now as well!)

Thanks for your help!

Watgrad

"I infer from your mail that pictures are not showing on the web pages if firewall is enabled. With reference to your request, please turn off the �Ad-Blocking� and �cookie control� in the EZ firewall( it is on �privacy� option), restart the computer and verify the issue."

I didn't try it, though, since the problem had already been solved by switching browsers. Does ZoneAlarm 5 have some similar option you could try?