Pq Question

res2100

I am running some pocket queries on an area I plan on visiting that has a lot of Member Only caches. However since I will be caching with family/friends who are not members, but are geocachers, we really don't want to do any of the member only caches, since they can't log them. Is there a way to run a PQ to exclude Member Only caches? I see there is a box to include, but leaving the box unchecked does not EXCLUDE these Member only caches.

Thanks...

I thought you were mistaken, but I just ran a test. Sure enough, the only MOC in the area shows up both when I check the Members Only box and when that box is unchecked.

Umm, you could put the MOCs on your ignore list, then check the box for "Not on my ignore list."

Jamie

Edited by Jamie Z

The OP is a member, therefore able to run PQs. He merely does not want to get MOCs in the PQs.

I think the problem is due to the fact that MOCs are not actually a cache type. The MOC option was originally included so one could get a PQ of just MOCs. Since a MOC can be a trad, virt, multi, whatever, they are included when you search for caches of those types.

Yes, but as Hemlock noted, non PMs can log MO caches because of the "loophole." So it seems (to me) that point makes the OP moot.

Unless neither he nor his family are computer-savvy enough to use the loophole... If the loophole were an out and out feature, and didn't require any url editing, that would be a different story... As it stands, it seems like he ought to be able to filter by that.

Also, what is the point of the existing members only cache checkbox if it yeilds the same result whether checked or not?

(edited for horrible apostrophe usage)

Edited by Mr. Snazz
Also, what is the point of the existing members only cache checkbox if it yields the same result whether checked or not?

It doesn't yield the same result. If the box is checked, you'll get *ONLY* MO caches. If the box is not checked, you'll get all caches.

Oh, woe! I knew I should have tried it myself before posting that last part. I stand corrected. :)

Ok thanks all for the way to allow the others with me to their finds for MO caches. Now I don't have to worry about filtering them out of the pocket queries and all 3 of us can enjoy them during our vacation.

I agree, that it definately makes sense and is fair as others have said that if a non-paying member caches with a paying member, that they both be allowed to log a find on a MO cache, since afterall they both found it.