Geocache Dating

GlacierSki

Ok, I have heard all kinds of stories about how people meet through geocaching, but is it really that often? I mean when I am on the hunt I rarely see anyone, so how does this happen? It would be awesome to meet a nice, pretty girl that loves to geocache like me and really hit it off with her, but I highly doubt that will happen because I never see anyone, let alone nice, pretty girls. Maybe there just aren't any where I am searching, I don't know, but I would like some feedback. Give your advise or tell a story on how you met your sweetheart, anything that could be useful. Thanks.

Jim

- GlacierSki

The odds of it happening on the trail are pretty low. I've had better luck meeting women while waiting for a light to change at an intersection.

However if you get involved in your local caching organization, and participate in cache events, then group hunts etc. then you can meet a lot of people. Including singles.

Edit: Mopar and GeoHo hooked up via geocaching. There are other success stories but they don't post as much as Mopar. :huh:

Edited by Renegade Knight
Edit: Mopar and GeoHo hooked up via geocaching. There are other success stories but they don't post as much as Mopar

Oh no, here comes that boy with a canoe and no paddle and a girl with a paddle and no canoe story again. :huh:

Actually there have been a bunch of relationships I've heard of that developed out geocaching. Most came out of meetings at events and CITOs.

Edited by briansnat

Ditto the Event and local Geocaching Association as the best place to meet female geocachers.

Clayjar's GeoChat works as well; quite a lot of folks have gotten together through it.

I have met and cached with a number of men and women I met there, NurseDave and BeckerBuns met there and are now married, Mopar and GeoHo are a well-known geocacher hook-up there as well, and there are many more.

I would never say "lower your standards" but I will say "be careful what criteria you use" as chasing only "pretty" girls, as you mention, is gonna leave a lot of absolutely wonderful women out of your life!

I ran an ad in the local newspaper's Heartlines section - my wonderful wife of ten years now was the 42 woman I met through the ad.

Good luck, this is one area where you definately need to think outside the "box"!

Ed

I actually know two people who met out and about geocaching and they just got married recently. If there happen to be any nice outdoor type girls who are single, and in their mid to upper 20's...lol ok this is not an ad. So to answer your question, yes it can and does happen. Everyone else is right though, local meetings and events are a great way to just meet people, and network.

Ditto the Event and local Geocaching Association as the best place to meet female geocachers.

Clayjar's GeoChat works as well; quite a lot of folks have gotten together through it.

I have met and cached with a number of men and women I met there, NurseDave and BeckerBuns met there and are now married, Mopar and GeoHo are a well-known geocacher hook-up there as well, and there are many more.

I would never say "lower your standards" but I will say "be careful what criteria you use" as chasing only "pretty" girls, as you mention, is gonna leave a lot of absolutely wonderful women out of your life!

I ran an ad in the local newspaper's Heartlines section - my wonderful wife of ten years now was the 42 woman I met through the ad.

Good luck, this is one area where you definately need to think outside the "box"!

Ed

Wonderful ugly women.