Garmin Support

mrsr71

I sent my 60CS in for repair work a little over a week ago. It wouldn’t auto-route. I got it back today!! Kudos to Garmin for their courtesy and fast turn-around. With service like this, I would not hesitate to purchase another Garmin product.

Note: there was NOTHING wrong with the unit. It was operator error ;) In MapSource, there is a check box in the lower left hand corner of the screen. It states: “Include route calculation data. Recommended if your GPS supports auto-routing.” Well - dummy me forgot to check the box. That won’t happen again. Off to Vegas for some Geocaching and NASCAR craziness.... ;)

I concur on their excellent support, my neighbor called Garmin and got an rma for his GPS 12 which wouldn't power up on batteries or external power. He sent it in, they fixed it alright, they sent him a new unit. What customer support! On one hand I thought I shouldn't be telling everyone for fear that they may swarm Garmin with units wanting to do the same but then I came to my senses and realized this kind of advertising is why I bought from them in the first place.

I just had a great experience with them on the software side. I purchased Mapsource City Select last summer. I installed in and was a happy camper. Last weekend I had a problem and had to reload my system from the CD's that came with it. :D Of course I had to reload all program CD's and internet downloads too. When I got to the Mapsource disk I had errors installing. It looks like scratches on the CD. Anyhow, I called them, gave them my customer number and was told new CD's are on the way, 2nd day air. Way to go Garmin. :huh::o;):DB)B):D:D

I wished DeLorme :D:lol::D:huh: had half the custome support of Garmin, but then that is another forum.

I agree Garmin has great turn-a-round time on service issues, but I sent my Legend in needlessly as MRSR71 probably did because tech support did not diagnose the "problem" over the phone. In my case, I thought the backlight was malfunctioning by coming on when approaching a turn while I was tracking back in track mode if I had the backlight set to other than "stays on". The manual doesn't tell you this will occur or that the light will come on with the push of any button if the backlight feature is turned on and set to other that "stays on". The tech guy said that the unit was malfunctioning. Of course I'm partly to blame since I didn't know I had accidentally turned the backlight feature on (by momentarily pressing the on/off button). I shipped the unit off on Monday (UPS Ground) and got it back Friday of the same week with generic statement that unit meets operating standards or something like that. :huh:

I got my eTrex Venture for Christmas in 2003. In January 2005 it started having problems with the screen fading out or going dark or getting the lines across it.

I sent e-mail to Garmin and received a reply two days later and an RMA to return the unit for repair. They confirmed the problem and sent me a new unit, no questions asked.

Very nice service indeed!

Edited by Ferreter5

i have to say the same thing i sent in my 76s when i first got it and i had it back in 2 days they eaven put a new protectve screen on my unit for free. they are the best i have ever had to deal with free 1-800-800-1020 support also is nice i have had it 2 years now with no problems at all i will buy a 60cs soon