Topousa

I use Delorme TopoUSA 5.0

AWESOME!! mapping. Betther than both Magellan and Garmin but alas you can't upload Topo to your GPS.

I use it with GSAK and have flags all over my map along with the tracks I download from the GPS. I can see at a glance where unfound caches are and set up a trip. I track the trails I hike so I can put them on my map.

It has an odd interface but I'd rather have the good maps than a fancy GUI. Takes a little getting used to and you have to be careful that you don't click in the map when you don't want to as it zooms or recenters itself.

In some areas the map does not match the topo but other mapping software is worse.

I like it and in conjunctions with GSAK it is really great.

I will stick with my Memory-Map. It is much more versatile and I can use it on the PC and PPC. I love the 3D and the fact that I can load all kinds of maps into it. I have even scanned paper maps and used those. DOQQs are the bomb, though. Being able to see cars parked at houses and footpaths is just the best.

I looked at the Delorme software. At first I thought the pseudo-vector maps were neat. Then I noticed a lot of detail was missing. Then I pulled up an area with a bunch of small islands in a lake and half the islands were missing! Not what I want to use for navigating on the boat on a foggy night!