Garmin Screen Capture

This freebie 3rd party software developed by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources: DNRGarmin will capture screen shots of ANY Garmin GPSr, plus it is a fantastic extension for ESRI ArcView 3.x GIS.

I work in the GIS field and I use this program often to process my Garmin GPS data. It is also a stand-alone program with many utilities.

A lot of "screen images" of GPSr screens I've seen here appear to be photographs, and that option will work with any GPSr :D

Try it with a digital camera. Snap a screen image, crop it with graphics software or even M$ paint will work, then publish the image to the web. If you're using a flash be sure to photograph the GPSr screen from a slight angle, or the reflection of the flash will be seen on the screen & obscure the image.

Hnmmm I'll have to keep hunting so far it looks like nothing for a non-color model.

I should have clarified that.

I'll have to check out the options so far though. Yes I know about the take a picture thing but that sure is alot of work for a quickie screen shot.....

thanks but no hero/heroine so far but I'll be sure to let ya know....

Edited by top pin
I put x-image into my 60cs...now how do I actually do a screen shot? ( or find some instructions on the web)

I assume you mean that you put XImage onto your PC. I'm doing this from memory (its on my home computer) but it is pretty self explanitory. Hook the GPSr to your computer, start XImage. It should find your GPSr. There should then be a button to press to download an image. Click on it, and it will ask you what to name it and where to save it. It will save it as a jpeg file on your PC.

As Sputnik said, it's pretty much a "no-brainer"

I think the first time you run xImage, it prompts you for a file storage location.

This is the procedure for starting the program AFTER it has been run for the first time:

Start the xImage program - a wizard prompts you for input:

Click "Next"

Be sure GPSr is Connected to the Computer and Powered on

Click "Next" - xImage detects GPSr

Select "Get Images"

Click "Next"

Click "Next"

Navigate to desired file location - (The program saves the image as "Screen Shot.bmp". To my knowledge, it cannot be changed on the fly. If you have a previous screen shot image stored there and want to retain it, you have to rename the previous file before continuing).

Click "OK"

Click "Yes"

Click "Finish"

Edited by Neo_Geo
Hnmmm I'll have to keep hunting so far it looks like nothing for a non-color model.

I should have clarified that.

I'll have to check out the options so far though. Yes I know about the take a picture thing but that sure is alot of work for a quickie screen shot.....

thanks but no hero/heroine so far but I'll be sure to let ya know....

Did you get Ximage to work for you?

Legend screen shot.

8b94f684-b5d9-42e5-a81a-b602fb5a2e1d.jpg