Caches Along The Pch?

jan27jay

Betweem Cambria and Monterey you'll pass quite a few caches. There's a few Virtuals(one at Julia Pfieffer Burns State Park comes to mind), but most of them are very nice traditional caches.

A good stop for a traditional is the one near Hearst Castle at the Elephant Seal beach. With the rains we've had, most of the creeks and waterfalls should be really nice this year.

Enjoy the views and keep an eye out for whales :D

Starting from Hermosa Beach and going in order up to Big Sur:

Hemosa Beach webcam

Pushing Tin LAX

Skipper

POW/MIA Memorial

Community Harmony

Don't Get Sucked In!

Bay watch

Wings of Hope

Bluffs Box

Ventura or Los Angeles?

See Birds

Perched Birds

Big Sticks

Cross-Culturalism

Landslide (Site of the La Conchita landsides)

Big Fig

At last check, Hwy 1 to Lompoc was closed, but if open, you can grab this:

Lost Mission

If its still closed, continue up Hwy 101 to Buellton/Santa Maria:

Pea Soup Challenge

Pea Soup and El Camino Real

Unnamed Exit 2

Gateway to Hwy 166

Monarch's Rest

The O.K. Corral

Cayucos Cam

Green Pastures

San Simeon Seal Spot

Just Rock N Sea

Great Wall of Gorda

Gem of Big Sur

This is by no means a comprehensive list, but is a good list of easy virtual and traditional caches that can be quickly found along Hwy 1. There are plenty more nearby caches in many areas, but these are the easy cache-and-dash ones. I have not done all these caches, but most of them, so that is why I have selected these .vs some others that may be nearby. There are plenty more caches north of Big Sur, like in Monterey, Santa Cruz and several other cities. I am not familiar with those areas, so thats why I stopped where I did.

BTW- I compiled all this in 25min using the Geocaching maps. You might want to look into using that feature of the website if you are planning trips like this in the future. Its not likely you will run into too many people willing to compile a list like this for such a large area as you have mentioned. :blink:

Best of luck on your trip. I hope you enjoy the scenic drive along the coast. :blink: