Puzzle Caches - Fts ( First To Solve )

SlideRule

Maybe there should be a special award for FTS ( First to Solve )

What I propose, is when you figure out the coords to a puzzle cache, Write a message, email the coords to the owner. The owner verifies the coords and awards the FTS.

The reward ?? - Maybe, just bragging rights.

Second condition: One entry per person only.

Third condition: No posts to the web site prior to the FTF and owner acknowledgement.

What say you one, What say you all?

Claude

--SlideRule

FTS without a find gives you a grade of Incomplete, so no reward. Just my two cents, YMMV.

My thought was that there may be someone in a far off place that would like the challenge of a FTS without being able to do a FTF

Been there. Done that. Pat yourself on the back as we do and move on. [i've done a couple puzzles tonight, that I may not hunt, as a matter of fact.]

There's great satisfation in completing a good ol' puzzle but no joy unless you waste the fuel to sign the log. I have however, felt the back-stroke needed to be shared a few times so I've contacted Geo-Puzzle owners to let them know the solution to their work.

If that is the case then just make a site for solving puzzles. Wow what an idea.

cheers

Thoughs sites already exist but they lack one thing... adventure! Nothing beats solving a good puzzle, then running out to prove it. Being the FTF or better yet, the OTF (Only to find) is icing on the cake.

In case anyone needs to pat their backs, Black Box hasn't been found in over TWO YEARS! :grin:

In case anyone needs to pat their backs, Black Box hasn't been found in over TWO YEARS! :grin:

What a fine Physics Problem - I will email the owner the suspected coords within the hour. If he/she agree, I will be on the road within the hour.

I live in San Diego, so a trip of this magnitude is not to be taken lightly. But, an excellent Physics Puzzle as well as a FTF in two years is too much to pass up.

What a fine Physics Problem - I will email the owner the suspected coords within the hour. If he/she agree, I will be on the road within the hour.

I live in San Diego, so a trip of this magnitude is not to be taken lightly. But, an excellent Physics Puzzle as well as a FTF in two years is too much to pass up.

It's not a FTF so don't go heading off. It just hasn't been found in a long time (it's not really in an active caching area). Back when there were no caches in the area, this one would show up on my PQ, but I can't keep up with the nearby caches to get it back on my list. :(

--Marky

...But, an excellent Physics Puzzle as well as a FTF in two years is too much to pass up.

It's not a FTF so don't go heading off. It just hasn't been found in a long time (it's not really in an active caching area). Back when there were no caches in the area, this one would show up on my PQ, but I can't keep up with the nearby caches to get it back on my list. :D

--Marky

Hey Marky. He's got it right. ''FTF in two years is too much to pass up.''

Looks like it's on your radar now. :D Could be a race. San Diego vs San Francisco. Play ball! :D

Ten thousand Quatloos on Marky.  :)

I'll see that and raise you 50k. I'm guessing Marky's ignoring it because it's too difficult. :laughing: It should take him longer to do the math than a slow drive from Pacific Beach. However, he'll still beat the other mega-cachers, hands down.

Someone just won 50K

I came, I saw, I signed the log....

There will be a 'Black Box' San Diego, version.

When I complete the puzzle, I will post it here for all that want a FTS.

-- SlideRule ( The fun is in the find )

Ten thousand Quatloos on Marky.  :rolleyes:

I'll see that and raise you 50k. I'm guessing Marky's ignoring it because it's too difficult. :unsure: It should take him longer to do the math than a slow drive from Pacific Beach. However, he'll still beat the other mega-cachers, hands down.

Someone just won 50K

I came, I saw, I signed the log....

There will be a 'Black Box' San Diego, version.

When I complete the puzzle, I will post it here for all that want a FTS.

-- SlideRule ( The fun is in the find )

Good, I can go back to ignoring this one again. Wheee! I tried to do some logical physics but there seemed to be too many variables and I don't like solutions where I have to guess, so I gave up.

--Marky