Marine Point - Tide Database For 60cs

The marine POI database with buoys/lights/markers is separate from the tide station data for which NeoGeo provided the link. The marine POI data can be found on the same page as the regular firmware updates, i.e. at:

http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=549

over on the right side of the page. But, unlike the tide station data, this database can't be loaded simultaniously with any MapSource maps like Topo, MetroGuide, or CitySelect.

A while back I had found a download for the North American Marine Points database - I could load this on my 60cs and get many marine POI's, buoys et cetera along with tide tables.

I can't find it now on the Garmin website. Can anyone help?

Go to Garmins download page for the Map 162. On the right side of the page you will see a 1.35MB download for Factory Tides Settings. Download it to your MapSource folder. When you open your MapSource product, it will be there in the drop down with all your other maps! It has 3 sections, west. gulf & east coast. You select it just like your other map selections AT THE SAME TIME and dowload it to your unit. Presto! These were Garmins instructions to me for my 60CS. :laughing:

Hope things work well...........The Map 162 tides download will just get you the tides, I beleive. My MapSource US Topo is what I use to see all the bouys and river markers here in the Pacific NW. Garmin calls the tide map a transparent map which over-lays your existing MapSource maps and base map. Not sure if you have to ad the tides each time you download a new map section. :ph34r: